DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering about how much it would cost to take off the speed govenor on my 2002 5.9 liter ram 1500? or if anyone knows how to do it yourself, please fill me in. thanx

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
well i know on my truck its free to disable the speed limiter. all you need to do it turn the key to the start postion (after its allready started) and hold untill it chimes at you then it will be disabled. (this works on the 04 hemi but youmight want to find out more info from someone who has a 5.9

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Yeah, you should try the trick above, or go for a superchips if they make one for your truck.

The revs are controlled by the pcm. Not much you can do about them except trick them like above.

A lot of guys want to rev more because they think it makes more power.

It don't.

I'm not up on the 5.9, but chances are your rev limits are fine.

I've read about plenty of guys having engine problems over revving the motors.

Like I said, not 5.9's, but 5.7's.

For what its worth.

·
Technology Handyman
1,062 Posts
do you have to do the key trick everytime you start up?

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
mikereidjr said:
do you have to do the key trick everytime you start up?
i was under the impression that yes you do.

but i never go over 90 (usually arround 84 on the track) so really there is no need to eliminate the govener. and i have never even even close to reaching it so honestly i dont really care about eliminateing it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
While we're on this subject.....what do the 06's red line at? Reason I ask is my 06 if I put it to the floor in drive, it will go all the way to 7 grand before it shifts which I thought was unusual. Also there is no actual red line on the tach, it's all a solid white face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.