DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got the superchips programmer.

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Josh Brown 
#1 ·
I decided on the Superchips programmer and I'm happy with it so far. I got it for $290 to the door brand new. It has 3 settings and can adjust for tire size. I installed it on the lowest setting which is good for about 80hp and 130tq. I need gauges before getting wild, I just couldn't wait to install it's just plug and play and took ten min. It is raining here so I couldn't get a good test but at 60 the power is a lot more then stock. I put it in 4x4 and floored it from a stop light and when the turbo spools it struggles for traction and really launches. It is so wet here in 2wd it just fish tails through all the gears. I'm certain my old Hemi would only win for the first few feet in a race.

#2 ·
that's great to hear, as I am thinking about the same thing. Where were you able to get it at that price? I will be interested in any mpg gains you get, after "testing" the new power, of course!

#3 ·
I got it on Ebay and bought a second one from the same guy for my brother's ram. I'm curious on the mpg. I reset the overhead (I know is not always true) After a 10-12 mile drive with a few light stops and a few runs with the foot to the floor it was reading 17.5. It usually reads about 17 with normal driving. We'll see. I'll keep ya posted. If I get dry pavemant tomorrow I'll see what happens on take off.

#4 ·
good luck finding dry pavement, as it looks like we in the NW will be in it for a while.

#6 ·
I have no problem fishtailing stock right now... wet raining sideways and leaves everywhere... looking at the SC though. I had one for my Hemi and loved it...

#7 ·
ITS-A-HEMI said:
I have no problem fishtailing stock right now... wet raining sideways and leaves everywhere... looking at the SC though. I had one for my Hemi and loved it...
I could always fishtail in the rain before but now it's like I'm on ice. It would be unsafe for the majority of the idiots on the road to drive now. I need more tire but I'm confused on what to do about tire fitment. 33's look kinda small still but to fit 35's with aftermarket wheels I need to level it and I don't want a spacer cause it rides like crap with one.

#8 ·
I have 315's on stock wheels and they look great. No leveling kit , they dont rub. My buddy has 33's and in my opinion they do look too small for the truck.

#9 ·
you could always lift it and put the 35's on, but that's just me!

#11 ·
Josh Brown said:
I only have about 5" till I'm not fitting in the garage.

You will clear it then... A leveling kit from Kore or Lorenz will gain you about 2" up front and with the 35" tires you will get about an extra 1" of lift all around..

So basically at the middle of the roof in your truck you will gain about 2.5" of extra height

#12 ·
kmu said:
You will clear it then... A leveling kit from Kore or Lorenz will gain you about 2" up front and with the 35" tires you will get about an extra 1" of lift all around..

So basically at the middle of the roof in your truck you will gain about 2.5" of extra height

I'm worried about getting the jarring feeling that the last leveing kit provided me. It felt like I had cement tires and dump truck suspension over small to medioum bumps, big dips were ok. Was odd. I would love to have the look with the good ride.

#13 ·
Josh Brown said:
I'm worried about getting the jarring feeling that the last leveing kit provided me. It felt like I had cement tires and dump truck suspension over small to medioum bumps, big dips were ok. Was odd. I would love to have the look with the good ride.

If you use a coil spacer, your are lifting it the cheap way, adding extra tension on your suspension components...

Now with a new coilspring from Kore, Lorenz, Carli, etc, those coils where designed to give a much better overall ride on and offroad, plus you will gain about 20% of extra front suspension travel with a far better ride quality.

Just my $.2

#14 ·
kmu said:
If you use a coil spacer, your are lifting it the cheap way, adding extra tension on your suspension components...

Now with a new coilspring from Kore, Lorenz, Carli, etc, those coils where designed to give a much better overall ride on and offroad, plus you will gain about 20% of extra front suspension travel with a far better ride quality.

Just my $.2

I notice the Kore leveling springs look just like stock ones just longer. Are they supposed to be better then stock? I like the varialbe rate ones but I don't need the other stuff that comes with those kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.