DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a new 2005 1500 quad cab hemi. I have recently added magnaflow exhaust to it.

Now I would like even more power, but don't perfer to spend a ton of money to get it. I would like to spend between 0-1000 to get more horsepower and acceleration.

What are my options. In the price range I have seen at dodge a new mopar air intake for about 400. I have also heard people mention chips, and forced air?

What do you recommend? What have you done? I am in Houston, TX does anyone live here and can recommend somewhere to go?

Thank you,
Kyle Leissner
 

·
Dodge User
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
headers, intake, programmer. if you buy all of those you should add around 50 hp at the flywheel. if you spend right you can stay under 1000.

i recomend:
superchips=$330
hedman headers+y-pipe=$360
intake=make your own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,800 Posts
Here are a few cheap mods that made a huge difference on my truck...

1..Hedman longtubes and y-pipe.......$350 shipped
2..manual exhaust cutout................$50 shipped
3..CAI...You can get them used for $100
4..Programmer(NO CHIP)...I dont know if they have one for the 05's though. These run about $350 new, but can be bought used for about $250.

These should definately get you started!!!
 

·
Dodge User
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
mjfikac said:
4..Programmer(NO CHIP)...I dont know if they have one for the 05's though. These run about $350 new, but can be bought used for about $250.
they are not out for 05s yet but they will be shortly. i thought i remember reading that PremierTruck (http://www.premiertruckaccessories.com/) offers dodge talk members superchip programmers for 329 shipped
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
K&N Filter - $50
Power Wire - $30
Home Depot Induction Package - $35
JetStream dustpan - $50

You'll FEEL the difference and it will show up in your 1/4 mile times.

BTW, I have a 2004 QC Hemi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Why hasn't anyone metioned nitrous?? For $500-550, you can get 75hp!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
i think n20 is cheap personally. I mean I would buy it if there was almost nothing left to do for my truck. Just an opinion, don't get offended:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
hemibass said:
a good set of gears 4.56

Best advice in this thread thus far, IMO. For a REAL gain. Headers are a good mod as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,066 Posts
Now that you increased he exhale, why not increase the inhale?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
fmdog44 said:
Now that you increased he exhale, why not increase the inhale?
Yeah, induction is just as important.
As far as production intakes go I'd try to pick up an Air Ram.
The 4" pipe is just huge and so is the FAT K&N filter that comes with it.

KyleLC23, I'd check out the classsified section of the board and see if anyone has an Air Ram for sale.
And a power wire . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
fmdog44 said:
Now that you increased he exhale, why not increase the inhale?

The fact that the Hemi fuel management wont allow it to benifet from more air comes to mind. ;) Colder air is nice, but more air will do nothing.
 

·
Dodge User
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
The fact that the Hemi fuel management wont allow it to benifet from more air comes to mind. ;) Colder air is nice, but more air will do nothing.

agreed,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guys,

Thank you for all the help and recommendations. Unfortanly I have no clue what these does:

Headers
Y-Pipe
Power Wire
Home Depot Induction Package
JetStream dustpan

If you don't mind explaining what each one does, that would be great. Not a long detailed paragraph or anything though:)

Also everyone is naming prices, but I am also wondering what it typically cost to install these (I live in Houston, TX)

Also, will I feel a bigh or little differnce after ever 10-15 hp mod? Does 10-15hp alot? How much HP increase should I expect from each mod.

Thank you,
Kyle Leissner
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,800 Posts
KyleLC23 said:
Guys,

Thank you for all the help and recommendations. Unfortanly I have no clue what these does:

Headers
Y-Pipe
Power Wire
Home Depot Induction Package
JetStream dustpan

If you don't mind explaining what each one does, that would be great. Not a long detailed paragraph or anything though:)

Also everyone is naming prices, but I am also wondering what it typically cost to install these (I live in Houston, TX)

Also, will I feel a bigh or little differnce after ever 10-15 hp mod? Does 10-15hp alot? How much HP increase should I expect from each mod.

Thank you,
Kyle Leissner
1. The headers and y-pipe will allow for much better airflow, therefore creating more power...I gained 12hp/19tq from mine.
2. The power wire is a resistor than is run inline with your IAT sensor in your intake. This tricks your computer into thinking that the air is cooler than it really is. Cool air=more power.
3. The Home Depot Induction package is just a home made cold air intake. If you have some auto skills, you can make a cold air intake at home depot for less than $100.
4. The Jet stream is a cold air scoop that mounts on the side of your radiator. It directs cold air from the grill directly to your filter placement.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top