DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long winter this week I got a (1970) 904 rebuilt and put back into my 1985 ram, this truck has a 1979 Slant six, and now a 1970 904, weird right? i'm on a budget, so I picked up the 904 for $50 and spent about $100 in parts,
I am not planning to keep the slant six, this is just so i can drive the truck til I have my 360, bored .060 over put in, Today I got new tires put on a set of newer ram wheels, here's a picture, i don't think it's half bad looking. haha

·
87 d150 swb /6
225 Posts
keep the slant6 :worthy:worship the slant6 or u will pay:rolleyes::gimp::spank2::greenchai:buttkick::wedgie:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought about keeping the Slant, I have a super six set up in the garage, but the 360 is more my idea of fun LOL. guess we shall see which is sitting between the rails by the end of summer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it isn't that i hate the slant six, Personally it's a great motor for tooling around, but parts wise, i can build a small block for the same amount of cash and more power, but like i said, i personally like the get up and go the 318 my dad has in his 82 W150 the slant feels like it's missing it's balls, we also have a 78' w100, with a 408 stroker, and NV4500 with Dana 60's front and rear, thats mainly why the slant isn't all that exciting for me, but we shall see whats going to be in the frame rails by the end of summer, LOL.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The slant is a tough motor, but if you're wanting balls, build yourself a 318 or 360. Better yet, in that shortbed, find a good 340 to drop in it!:IDEA:
LOL, I'll be 22 this year, I'm not 100% ready to slow way down.
when I pull the slant six, I was store the Super six set up in the garage.
i have the 360 already built sitting on an engine stand in the garage, plus I think the 9.25" rear end will enjoy a little more power in front of it. ha-ha

figure I will enjoy the slant until this motor is ready to go in,
if it make you all feel better this is truck one of two...

I have another 85' D150 Slant/904/8.25" short box, sitting at my grandparents house.
i had bought that one when i was 15, and have sat on it since then.

·
Dodge Man
140 Posts
Ditch that 904!

I've got a good 727 or an A500 (I think) Overdrive automatic you need! :rck:

And yes, I know that the A500 o/d is a 904 automatic w/overdrive, but they are much stronger than the original from what I've read.

Just accumulated too many parts while restoring my '79.

BTW, I know what you mean. I'm 25.

My 79, when complete, will have a mildly built 318, A833 O/D manual w/ a '74 8.75 rear end 3.73 sitting on 33/12.50s. AC, PS, PB....basically everything my grandfather SHOULD have bought back in '79. It came from Ma Mopar w/ a slant 6, 3 on the tree, manpower steering, manpower brakes, 8.25 rear...you get the picture.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ditch that 904!

I've got a good 727 or an A500 (I think) Overdrive automatic you need! :rck:

And yes, I know that the A500 o/d is a 904 automatic w/overdrive, but they are much stronger than the original from what I've read.

Just accumulated too many parts while restoring my '79.

BTW, I know what you mean. I'm 25.

My 79, when complete, will have a mildly built 318, A833 O/D manual w/ a '74 8.75 rear end 3.73 sitting on 33/12.50s. AC, PS, PB....basically everything my grandfather SHOULD have bought back in '79. It came from Ma Mopar w/ a slant 6, 3 on the tree, manpower steering, manpower brakes, 8.25 rear...you get the picture.
If only i was building a 4x4. i have two 727s, and an NP435 from a 1 ton ram sitting in the garage. tranny wise, I found a Rolling chassis, with a 318/727 sitting in it for $100, going to grab that this week take the motor and trans out, and if it's a 9.25 grab the axle and stash away what i do not use then get rid of the frame. LOL

I have something you would drool over.
I have sitting on my Desk a set of N.O.S. 1978 MOPAR plugs for a slant six.
still in the Big box and all the little plugs.

my dad had bought BOXES of them when he left a Chrysler garage years ago, he gave me the last 10 plugs and little card board boxes, I decided to save them and keep them haha.

·
Buck99
667 Posts
I'm way over the hill compared to you young guys but I still like the horses. For me go-go is more important than economy on my hobby cars and trucks.... :)
....worship the big block.... :worthy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.