Votes: 9 60.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of y'all may have seen my thread about tint. I'm planning on redoing mine. I'm thinking of stripping all the tint and running like 15% all the way around and maybe the lightest or close to lightest % on the windshield. I was also planning on blacking out the pillars since I'll have the darker tint. When I first got my tint done, I had Ram head stickers put in between the tint and glass, see pic.

Do y'all think I should keep the sticker with the new setup i'm doing?

also, I thought of doing a little twist with the daytona/rumble bee/hemi sport ground effects package. Do you like it? I'm thinking of running just the rear effects that go on the bed and the lip with my current side steps (don't worry about the rims on the truck, i have the stock 20's (for now)) lol

Mad props to Gary for helping me out alllll the time. :worthy:

(of course with the front lip)

and for the tint/blacked out pillars

:SPIN:

·
yeh my baby needs abottle
4,218 Posts
i would do full GFX kit on the truck... keep the pillars how they are.i would do 15% all the way around and a 35% on the windshield... JMO

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you don't like the look of the blacked out pillars? and i would do the full kit, but I can never find it!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are covers...autozone (and pepboys I believe) has them for like 12 bucks for 2...I didn't like the whole handle cover kit, but I like these, and they're steel. I won't have them for long tho, I plan on painting my handles.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I thin I'm gonna do it. I like the look of the rams head, but I'm not too sure it goes with the blacked out pillars.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would check up on what your local laws are, as far as tinted windows go. A few years ago, a car I had, had limo tint on the windows, and I found out the hard way that the cops here don't like them and they were just alil bit illegal. Obviously I don't live in your state, and your laws there could be quite different. It'd just suck to have to get hassled by the cops is all I'm sayin.

·
V10
628 Posts
i think it looks pretty sharp, maybe go with the darker windows, but i like the sticker and don't really like the pillars black...

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
get the wheels. ditch eveything else.

·
Buckeye Big Horn
253 Posts
I like the stickers. Go darker on the tint. You might be able to get away with 50% on windshield. I dig the pillars black. Either paint the handles to match the truck or go back to black.

Black out the badges or remove them. Blue and Black would be sweet. Don't know if I like the GFX and the steps.

Good luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
I kinda like the ground effects idea, its unique... is the rams head chrome or white? chrome might look cool on that truck. don't do the pillars, they look cheap IMO, like a Kia

If you do the windshield, keep it at 50% or lighter. I had 35 on my 99 Grand Cherokee windshield, 5 on the driver/pass windows, and 5 over the stock 15 in back (.001% light transmittance or something ridiculous) It was really hard to see at night with the 35, and you literally couldn't see out the back in a dark parking lot. I don't think you'll be able to strip the factory tint, its close to 15 anyhow...

windshield tint is illegal in all 50, but in 4 years with limo and 2 years with tinted windshield i never once got hassled by the cops, but I live in the city where they have REAL problems to worry about

Just remember, its your truck, do whatever YOU like

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I kinda like the ground effects idea, its unique... is the rams head chrome or white? chrome might look cool on that truck. don't do the pillars, they look cheap IMO, like a Kia

If you do the windshield, keep it at 50% or lighter. I had 35 on my 99 Grand Cherokee windshield, 5 on the driver/pass windows, and 5 over the stock 15 in back (.001% light transmittance or something ridiculous) It was really hard to see at night with the 35, and you literally couldn't see out the back in a dark parking lot. I don't think you'll be able to strip the factory tint, its close to 15 anyhow...
How come you can't strip factory tint?

and i don't think this looks cheap!

http://www.dodgetalk.com/gallery/files/1/1/5/9/7/3/dscf1191_original.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/20419525239.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
I stand corrected, that white truck looks sick. Just reminds me of Chrysler minivans and cheap imports. But you're right, it looks good.

Factory tint is sprayed or chemically bonded onto the glass. You may be able to scrape it but you'll go through a million blades doing it. Are you trying to get rid of the color difference between front and back windows? Tinting the windshield (even just a little bit) will eliminate that effect.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dang that's hardcore. well I not only want it to be even, i want it to be darker. I'm thinking like 10%-15%, but most likely 15%. and I want the front windshield really light, but I'm a bit hesitant on that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just go for it! Pick up some quality tint and do the windshield yourself, its not too hard. Having the windshield done will make the other windows look darker.

Do it yourself and you're not out too much $$ if you don't like it

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
No stickers, no ground effects.

Black out the B-pillar.

If you or your significant other don't need them, lose the chrome nerf bars as well.

Just my .02. ;)

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
do the body kit, but buy the running boards that fit the kit, other wise, dont do just half.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.