DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago i bought some real big rig dual trumpet air horns made by Grover, and sold them to my neighbor not to long after i bought em, he never did anything with them, been laying on a shelf since he bought em, so today i asked about em, and he still had em, so we made a trade, and i got em back, Now the question is, where would u install them, do i need a big tank or a small compressor......i dont know.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
give them back to your neighbor. ;) :D

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Way!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Mounted a board to the frame rails behind the front bumper. Mounted the compressor and air tank on top of the board and the trumpets underneath.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've been thinking about getting these. Does anyone have a sound file of theirs?

·
Registered
697 Posts
You need to have an air tank, and a way to fill it up. Either a small compressor or a shop type quick coupler so you can just use shop air to fill up your tank. There are two types of switches. You can get the most popular pull cable like switch that most big rigs have. But you will have to route 1/4" air hoses from your tank and into your cab to the switch, then back out to the horn. Much more possibility for air leaks. The way I would reccomend is to se a 12V magnet valve. The one I have is intended to be used for an air shift PTO on a truck. That way you can keep the switch hidden to everyone but you, all you need is a toggle or a push button that can be installed anywhere.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You'll need a compressor, air tank and control valve. Here is a link to a kit made for air horns, but didn't see that it includes the air valve. http://www.lonewolfwhistle.com/Compressor.html

Here's is another link that has electric valves.
http://www.groverairhorns.com/accessories/accessories.html

You should not need to run air hose all over the place. There is pleanty of room to mount the horns, compressor and tank behind the front bumper. If you use an electric control valve you can control it through your OEM horn wiring and not even need to install a separate switch.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
man I want some true 18-wheeler big rig air horns, the big deep kind

I've wanted some for a long time

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I've been looking at them as well.

I threatened my wife with buying a set that plays "Dixie" like the General Lee.

She didn't think it was too classy of an idea.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the pics and info, im got some thinking to do.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
dale3fan3 said:
I wish mine were like those but I did mount mine behind the bumper and the relay near the fuse box

I think I have the same one's you do and mounted in about the same location. They are louder than stock, but I want even more power. Something like these http://www.lonewolfwhistle.com/sound/truker train.wav

Not sure I can justify the cost though.

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
DonRam said:
I think I have the same one's you do and mounted in about the same location. They are louder than stock, but I want even more power. Something like these http://www.lonewolfwhistle.com/sound/truker train.wav

Not sure I can justify the cost though.
oh the are loud thats for sure LOL just want a deeper tone. I guess I have to hook up my locomotive horn soon LOL

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I got these. They sound (and are just a loud as) a big rig (Kennilworth, International, etc.).

The EV 810's.

JC wittney has em for around $250.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
my cousin has FATTY train horns on his beater 6cyl Buick... it is so fricken funny!!! they are hidden under the hood and he just blasts em when he needs to...

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
u can use a lanyard, or some sort of switch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.