Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright well needless to say i didnt wanna bring this up here
but i bought the headers and y pipe (my 2nd set i might ad) and went to install them
got all the old parts off and ready to bolt these up
- got most of the bolts in 1 side (drivers side) one hole on the bottom didnt line up ok maybe gasket just needs to be shifted, NOPE not even close, let it go for now
- go to passanger side get everything lined up oh wait EGR bolt NOT EVen close at like a 45 degree angle
alright let it be for now
- go to put the pass side o2 bung on OH WAIT no clearance damn thing hits the firewall BAD like i had to beat the firewall up
- go to the other side hmm its right its on the right side for clearance instead of top
- hook the y piping pieces up wait hits the transfer cases (maybe we can shift it when we hook the rest of the parts up)
- hook the crossover pipe to connect to the pass side nope it hits the back side and wrong angle but we wiggled it around and somehow got it to work and seal
- i got a o2 bung to get put in from pacesetter on the y for a wideband gauge
DUMBASSES PUT THE DAMN BUNG ON THE TOP OF THE Y where theres NO CLEARANCE and hits the firewall, ok go and beat the underside up AGAIN so i can put a plug in it so it doesnt leak
undefined

needless to say had to get an exhaust shop to make corrections and get everything fixed because of pacesetters dumb ass mistakes! so yeah they are worth it if you wanna get the right set or take a chance at getting shafted.

so i call pacesetter (fred gurle) and chris at jethot
waited for like 3 weeks to be told, its not there responsibilty for it to fit or not fit, or if someone has to get them put on WHICH I WOULDNT HAD TO IF THEY WERE BUILT RIGHT, its not their fault if its my daily driver (which i agree) but the F*cking parts should have lined up like they did before
so all in all i got shafted for the cost of everything $400 + for shit they screwed up and said they could do NOTHING about
i will never tell anyone again to get these parts or deal with either of these guys!

sorry this is so long VERY frustrating day
i should have posted this when i put the headers on but wanted to give them a chance to clear their name and reputation which obviously from the statement he told me is pathetic

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Damn...did they send you a set for 2wd or what?

KB

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apparently they are all the same now which is BULLSHIT
because 4wd and 2wd is different because of the transfer cases atleast they were last year when i bought a set ya know
they wont admit to anything, say they were built wrong etc
they tried blaming me and the shop that had to fix them saying we installed them wrong
but im sorry HOW HARD IS IT
hell these are the EASIEST headers to put on
try spending 11 hours on a fwd car on headers
i was very fired up and still am
that is the most pathetic ive ever seen for a company

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics
the pic of my finger is how much of the gap we had to fix to get atleast some clearance

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Give em all a swift one of these. :D

KB

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah id rather do what i did to the deer i hit to them instead but going about 100mph

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I could never take a hammer to my baby . . .

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i sure as hell didnt want to but had to because of this situation

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Maybe we should send Hasselhoff down there to kick some ass and take some names?

KB

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
i had the same problems except the transfer case.. just did what we had to do no big deal.. damn sure didnt beat my truk with a hammer.. just re-located the 02 sensor and sawed off some of my belhousing.. had to drill out the front header bolt also.. definate set-back but i knew this going in.. the things we do for power..

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
geterdone...sorry to hear all these troubles, hope you get it work out soon man.

KB...you got some of the gayest (but funniest) pics ever ;)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
06ramhemi said:
i had the same problems except the transfer case.. just did what we had to do no big deal.. damn sure didnt beat my truk with a hammer.. just re-located the 02 sensor and sawed off some of my belhousing.. had to drill out the front header bolt also.. definate set-back but i knew this going in.. the things we do for power..
but see thats the problem i didnt know about this as last year about the same time i installed headers on my 04 4x4 hemi with NO problems bolted up done deal
done in 2 hours as usual
this time no so lucky but they claimed they didnt get changed until a year ago but wait i just had them last year so somethings going on they dont wanna admit to

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
skaarew said:
geterdone...sorry to hear all these troubles, hope you get it work out soon man.

thanks theres nothing to work out now though they arent going to do anything about it when they know its their F*ck up and make me pay for it

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
I have heard that Pacesetter only recently corrected some of the problems they had with their Headers.... talk about poor quality control... don't they prefit these things?? So they ( supposedly ) fixed some of the fit problems, they know they had problems and did not recall crap products out there... Evidently there are still some of that crap on Jethot's shelves ( it is not believable that they do not know about it ).... They could have been upfront about it when you bought it.... but to deny it and give you all that crap..... well... Pacesetters from Jethot have been on my short list of things to get ( they were in the running with one other ) but my short list just got a little shorter......

TJ

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
Maybe we got some older production headers that have been sittin around collecting dust.. Anyone have lt pacesetters without these problems??

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
whoever has my old headers from last year they will tell you no problems haha
if i cant get some kind of action atleast maybe help others not buy them to have the same shit and it'll hurt them at the same time (pacesetter)

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
skaarew said:

haha KB just has too much time on his hands... :D

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
You get what you pay for IMO. I dont know about the Dodge headers, but Ive seen a direct comparison between Pacesetter, Kooks and Stainless Works longtubes for LS2s and the Pacesetters are alot cheaper, and dont have near the features the others do. I can find the links probly if anybody is interested. Id rather pay for a quality set like Kooks than be stuck w/ some that dont fit correctly. Still no excuse for the company to attempt to pass the buck and not take any responsibility for their mistakes, yet another reason not to buy them.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
no noone except dynatech and pacesetter make long tubes for the 4X4's that is our delema

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.