DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when i was coming back from lunch, i got pulled over by a cop for my tires sticking out to much, sucks my dad is going to make me put mud flaps on for good i think, thats two fixing tickets i have right now, really sucks but its okay cause its only $10 each.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
You can get some that look good.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Mud Flaps or Side Splash Molding? Im taking it as flaps when you say $10.00. Here in CA they will pull you over for not having th moldings out wide enough. And the rule here for mudflaps is if your body sits even or above the top of the tire then you need flaps if not you wont necisarily be "in the wrong". I dont have flaps nor moldings and i havn't been pulled over. (on 91 Toyota 4x4)

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Loosley tighten them, if/when they fall off plead ignorant and say see, i have the mounting bolts and brackets they must have fallen off.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
You guys sure have some weird laws in Cali! :crazy:

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Yeah we really do. Thiers alot of laws that have really no point to them and some that contradict themself. I can go into detail but im going to refrain, new here and dont want to piss people off. Lets just say im on the right side of a left California.There is ALOT i can complain about. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i really dont like most of the laws, i want a new truck lol, i want to be stock again i dont want to be pulled over everyday for stupid reasons like tint and wide tires

·
Registered
616 Posts
What the hell do you expect? I just checked out your gallery are you kidding me? That truck is insane, I love it. Just right. I wish I had the balls to do that to mine. I can't believe you don't get pulled over every day though.

·
Tape On
829 Posts
Next time you get pulled over show the last ticket you got, even if you paid it, and say you've already been ticketed. It might work with a fix-it ticket.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't heard of that Law before. Here in TN it doesn't matter how much the tire sticks out past the fenders. I sold my Jeep TJ that had 35x12.5x15 on a 4" lift and the tires were a good 4 inches outside the fender. If that law was here about 75% of the 4x4 trucks would get pulled over and ticketed. Looked at your pics it is a sweet looking truck.

Tatakai

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
It's that same crap that caused me to get rid of my '98..

1) Excessive bumper height front and rear
2) Inadequate front mud flaps (had one previously for rears and fixed it)
3) Inadequate fender flares
4) Illegal lift over 3"

I can't remember now what the bumper height limit is... but I was over it and was planning on lifting it another 3"s. Mud flaps... WA state law says if it's a lifted vehicle, it has to have mud flaps that stick out the full width of the rubber and at least halfway the height of the tire. The fender flares had to go the full width of the wubber as well. The lift I had him though... as the only limit on it is body lift. All in all, I was gonna have to lower it to get it under body height, buy smaller tires to fit the new ride height and smaller wheels to fit the new tires. Yea, I traded it in. lol

For my rear mud flaps when I did it, I just custom built a bracket out of the hitch. Otherwise all the way back there is too far back and at the wheel well was too close.

First 2... before the mud flaps. The last 3... well after obviously. lol

Attachments

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
I think those mudflaps look awful....... you would never see that down here in Texas....... just one more reason Bubba, you need to move back here asap. :D

LIke I told Raj earlier, around here people wouldn't even look twice at his truck. I know there are laws in this state about vehicle height and so on, but clearly they are NOT enforced.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.