DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has an 06 chevy 2500 duramax/allison Z71 with diablo 65 hp tune. Did several 20 mph rolling starts. I could jump him by a length but then the turbo spooled up and walked away. This sucks. I was in D, probably could do better starting in a lower gear. Oh well.

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
hydro226 said:
My buddy has an 06 chevy 2500 duramax/allison Z71 with diablo 65 hp tune. Did several 20 mph rolling starts. I could jump him by a length but then the turbo spooled up and walked away. This sucks. I was in D, probably could do better starting in a lower gear. Oh well.
I beat a stock D-Max, but I have a few more mods?

·
Registered
716 Posts
hydro226 said:
Please refrain from posting losses of this sort, as this DOES NOT help the morale of this here site. :D J/K

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Damn diesels...grumble...grumble...

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
Ah well.... can't win em all! much easier to beat smokers off the line!!!
NOW!! go to the mod god and get what you need to smoke em!!

TJ

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
well u know if u really wanted to you guys could both spool up your turbos and see who wins then, if u catch my drift?

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
To be honest, if you race any diesel with a programmer, you are likely to lose. 80% of the Hemi's on this forum will lose. That is what happens when a programmer adds 65-150 HP and 100-230 ft/lbs of torque.

Race him stock vs stock and you'll take em. But you'll have to spend BIG BUCKS to keep up with a modded diesel.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
for the chevys now there is a site not to be named that there chips not put out 140 hp and 250 tq over stock and yes i have seen it done in person, i want a diesel just not a stupid chevy, but the dodge diesels always win at the pulls!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
My next truck will be a diesel for that exact reason. There easier to make fast, they last longer, get better gas milage, better for towing,etc.

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
i feel ya.. i got smoked by a 6 liter Ferd last night. He hit it first but at 120 he had me by 5..

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Yeah, my step-father has a F350 with some work done to it and after riding in it several times I don't want to race him.

Diesels are for school buses!!! They're not supposed to go fast!!

Dammit . . .

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Mad Hemi said:
Diesels are for school buses!!! They're not supposed to go fast!!

Dammit . . .
I like my white school bus :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
yeah and to add insult to injury, once they pass you you're left choking on that god awful black smoke.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
nos4fuel said:
yeah and to add insult to injury, once they pass you you're left choking on that god awful black smoke.
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Heck, I don't even like to race against other diesels....

MikeyB

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
There is a For Diesel i nmy town that beat me once...and I went 13.8 last time at he track, so that beast was moving!! He was even lifted on 35's!!

Another one of my buddies has a cummins though, and he ran 12.47 when I went to the track him a few weeks ago...INSANE!!!!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
There is a For Diesel i nmy town that beat me once...and I went 13.8 last time at he track, so that beast was moving!! He was even lifted on 35's!!

Another one of my buddies has a cummins though, and he ran 12.47 when I went to the track him a few weeks ago...INSANE!!!!
That's the beauty of a turbo! Cummins is the only Dodge product with any aftermarket to brag about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.