DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my VON # on a new SRT-8 Magnum. Brilliant Black Cyrstal Pearl Coat with every available option. There is an option "Ocean Tie Down" on the order that the dealer has no idea what it is. Was a no-charge item. Anyone got an idea of what that is? The tires are listed as P245/45ZR20 AS Performance Tires. The dealer thought this was an upgrade but there was no price so I guess that's what they all have. There is no Gas Guzzler up-charge on the Magnum as there is on the 300C SRT-8.

I had been working with a dealer about 50 miles from home that said he would sell me one @ MSRP. When the cars came available to order this week I called and the guy wouldn't/hasn't returned my calls or e-mails. Got pissed this morning and started calling all the local dealers again and bought one for MSRP within 10 miles of home! I hope the other guy calls me back now! Not sure of delivery time yet.

Will keep everyone updated!
KK

·
Registered
205 Posts
WooHoo!!!!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MSRP less $$ on a Magnum SRT-8 ! No way?

blackarmy said:
425 horses of hemi goodness. hmmmmmm lucky *******! hehehe congrats!
Dantodd, blackarmy & all,
Sorry for the re-post from another thread but my mind and fingers are sore! You'll see same post on other forums too and I'll update as things progress. I'm F'ing ecstatic!

You won't believe this. When I finally got the FAX from the dealer with the VON number, it had two rows of pricing. MSRP & FWP. I finally figured out that the FWP meant Fleet Wholesale Price. Now, I understand that there is more mark-up than this price but I couldn't figure out why it was printed out on my copy. So me and a buddy run down there with a deposit check and meet the Fleet Manager. Nice guy. We're sitting there and he asks me what price was I quoted by so & so. (now no longer with the company guy) I really had not spoken with anyone and told him that I had not been quoted a price yet and started to ready myself for the "bad news". He laughs and says, "Well, it's going to cost you $1000.00 over". Now I'm saying to myself, I'm ready to fly to Portland to pick up a car. $1000.00 over doesn't sound that bad. Then he says, that's $1000.00 over FWP! Well, guess what? I just bought the 1st SRT-8 that this dealer has ordered "sold" for about $1600.00 under MSRP! It was all I could do to not jump over the desk and kiss this guy! Nice guy, no hassle. Not the biggest dealer in the area though and he told me some horror stories about delivery on the first RT's last year. Said it was months before he got the cars he ordered. He said that DMC promised that they were going to remedy that this year but he said he could not promise a delivery date but that he would call the DM and would get back to me next week.

They had a black RT on the showroom floor with a custom hood with a scoop and louvers with 20" (may have been 22's. I was still euphoric at that point) black spoked wheels, eye brow on the back. It also had DVD monitors on the headrests that stuck out about 2" and looked, as my buddy that's not into Magnums like us said, an afterthought. They had a bunch of RTs in stock and he said they were having a hard time moving them. Said he had a "fully loaded" RT that you could get in the low 30's. I went out in the lot and I saw a bunch of RT's with aftermarket wheels and tires sitting there. Looks like anyone looking for a 2005 RT should be able to wheel-and-deal right now.

Anyway, I have the print-out of the prices on the option packages in hand now if anyone has any questions. I should have my VIN # next week and will start going through all of the stress that I have watched a bunch of you go through over the last year. BTW, he couldn't supply me with an SRT-8 brochure. Said DMC told him they're not making that many anyways so they're not going to print any more. I guess all of the E. Coast dealers got them. I may just have to spend that $4.99 plus $4.95 shipping on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sspagename=WDVW to get one to sleep with. I'll start saving up for that now!
KK

·
Registered
401 Posts
Way to go KK, look forward to getting updates!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sounds like one heck of a score! I and I'm sure most of us here will be sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for pictures!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
qzking said:
Dantodd, blackarmy & all,

Sorry for the re-post from another thread but my mind and fingers are sore! You'll see same post on other forums too and I'll update as things progress. I'm F'ing ecstatic!

You won't believe this. When I finally got the FAX from the dealer with the VON number, it had two rows of pricing. MSRP & FWP. I finally figured out that the FWP meant Fleet Wholesale Price. Now, I understand that there is more mark-up than this price but I couldn't figure out why it was printed out on my copy. So me and a buddy run down there with a deposit check and meet the Fleet Manager. Nice guy. We're sitting there and he asks me what price was I quoted by so & so. (now no longer with the company guy) I really had not spoken with anyone and told him that I had not been quoted a price yet and started to ready myself for the "bad news". He laughs and says, "Well, it's going to cost you $1000.00 over". Now I'm saying to myself, I'm ready to fly to Portland to pick up a car. $1000.00 over doesn't sound that bad. Then he says, that's $1000.00 over FWP! Well, guess what? I just bought the 1st SRT-8 that this dealer has ordered "sold" for about $1600.00 under MSRP! It was all I could do to not jump over the desk and kiss this guy! Nice guy, no hassle. Not the biggest dealer in the area though and he told me some horror stories about delivery on the first RT's last year. Said it was months before he got the cars he ordered. He said that DMC promised that they were going to remedy that this year but he said he could not promise a delivery date but that he would call the DM and would get back to me next week.

They had a black RT on the showroom floor with a custom hood with a scoop and louvers with 20" (may have been 22's. I was still euphoric at that point) black spoked wheels, eye brow on the back. It also had DVD monitors on the headrests that stuck out about 2" and looked, as my buddy that's not into Magnums like us said, an afterthought. They had a bunch of RTs in stock and he said they were having a hard time moving them. Said he had a "fully loaded" RT that you could get in the low 30's. I went out in the lot and I saw a bunch of RT's with aftermarket wheels and tires sitting there. Looks like anyone looking for a 2005 RT should be able to wheel-and-deal right now.

Anyway, I have the print-out of the prices on the option packages in hand now if anyone has any questions. I should have my VIN # next week and will start going through all of the stress that I have watched a bunch of you go through over the last year. BTW, he couldn't supply me with an SRT-8 brochure. Said DMC told him they're not making that many anyways so they're not going to print any more. I guess all of the E. Coast dealers got them. I may just have to spend that $4.99 plus $4.95 shipping on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sspagename=WDVW to get one to sleep with. I'll start saving up for that now!

KK
qzking, I am exicted for you bro, I can't wait to see pics of your Magnum when it comes in! Sounds like you got a much better deal than virtually anyone has or will get on this car. Congrats! :rck:

·
Registered
403 Posts
congrats!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sah weeeet!

Magnum SRT-8...Gotta Love it :rck:

Now come the waiting game. I hope you get it sooner than you think!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. You will see pics and a report on the drive home from the dealer the moment I get it.
KK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.