DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting to tackle the UPS guy all week! Finally the doorbell rang and he must have known 'cause he was already in the truck and waving while he pointed at the ground around the front door.

I gotta say, this is another of those mods that'll never get any MPG improvements out of me. The butt dyno is having too much fun.

Since I filled up with Super yesterday (specifically so's I could try it out on the 92 Performance setting) I already knew what program I was going to upload. Scratching dry pavement has always been a little difficult (I attribute it to the 3:55s), not anymore! The off-idle response is a real rush, getting me into speed-limit trouble way quicker than before.

I don't know what an advertised 22 HP feels like, but I can tell you, this feels great!

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah...thanks David!

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
what type of programs do they have for it?

·
RUNVS?
210 Posts
I have to agree with everything you said. I have the 4.7 with the 3.55 gears also. And they won't ever be the best off the line but that Performance setting was GREAT!

I got my programmer almost 3 months ago and I couldn't take it off the Performance setting for over a month, that's how much fun it was. After playing around a little I've had it on the 87 setting for a month now and that still is nice compared to stock. That first week after getting the programmer was pretty damn cool! Have fun, be safe!

·
RUNVS?
210 Posts
viper24 said:
what type of programs do they have for it?
stock
87 octane
towing
performance

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Sweet bro! ya it's so funny reading post from people that don't have it saying $300 is a lot for 20hp but boy that 20hp seems like a lot more then the 20 they claim from a cai or muffler. It's real power. I love the 92 mode but damn gas is insane. I run the 87 program but run 89 fuel. The hemi needs it. What does the 4.7 like?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Why do you guys refer to the 92 program...., I could have sworn that the performance program is for 91 octane..., no?

J.B., I run 10 gallons of 89 octane & 10 gallons of 93 octane when I fill up...., averages out to 91 and I've never had a problem with detonation at all. Also, I've NEVER thought about running the 87 SC program, too much fun where it is.. BTW my 4.7L always ran on 87 prior to the SC and will never go back!

Also, the 4.7L gets nowhere near 22 HP - more like 5HP according to a previous post- but it does give it a major driveability boost and the tranny shift points are much much better.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
how is lighting up the tires with a hemi on performance setting?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
viper24 said:
how is lighting up the tires with a hemi on performance setting?

Well I have a 2500 QC with 315's. If I just punch on dry I'll spin both rear for only about 5-10' but if I power brake it I can light them up big time ( 265/70/17 4.10 gears). Now if I throw the stockers on I can smoke the hell out of them. I had them on a monthor so ago becasue I was haveing some tire issues. I'm hoping to go to 4.56 or 4.88 gears in the future.

·
Registered
73 Posts
JTquint said:
Why do you guys refer to the 92 program...., I could have sworn that the performance program is for 91 octane..., no?

J.B., I run 10 gallons of 89 octane & 10 gallons of 93 octane when I fill up...., averages out to 91 and I've never had a problem with detonation at all. Also, I've NEVER thought about running the 87 SC program, too much fun where it is.. BTW my 4.7L always ran on 87 prior to the SC and will never go back!

Also, the 4.7L gets nowhere near 22 HP - more like 5HP according to a previous post- but it does give it a major driveability boost and the tranny shift points are much much better.
NICE TRUCK..I HAVE THE SAME QC IN RED, ALSO IN MIAMI :rck:

·
Registered
183 Posts
mine is waiting for me when I get home.. I checked my tracking number and it was delivered 3 hrs ago.. .

is it pretty easy to hook up and do the settings?

As far as the performance mode, 91 octane is the highest we have in my area, I'm hoping I'll be ok in the performance setting... can't wait to try it!!!

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
sorry to get off topic, but to power brake a burnout do you hold the brake while trying to brake the tires loose? or break em loose then ease onto the brake....?

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Josh Brown said:
Sweet bro! ya it's so funny reading post from people that don't have it saying $300 is a lot for 20hp but boy that 20hp seems like a lot more then the 20 they claim from a cai or muffler. It's real power. I love the 92 mode but damn gas is insane. I run the 87 program but run 89 fuel. The hemi needs it. What does the 4.7 like?
I've always gotten the best performance/mileage from Plus (or whatever I get close to 89). Especially on long trips, I can get roughly 400 miles out of a tank, so the extra couple of dollars have always been worth it.
I'll run the performance program for about a month or so, then drop down to the 87 octane performance program. Just to see where I do best in regards to performance vs. mileage/driveability. (That, plus 93 octane is going to kill me, 'specially since my foot is almost always in it now, lol.)

But wheeeeeoooo! I'm havin' fun!

·
RUNVS?
210 Posts
JTquint said:
Yeah it is 91 come to think of it. I guess i'm thinking 92 cuz that's what I buy here in Houston.

·
RUNVS?
210 Posts
cal_gecko said:
mine is waiting for me when I get home.. I checked my tracking number and it was delivered 3 hrs ago.. .

is it pretty easy to hook up and do the settings?

!!
It was real easy to hookup. The only thing I would say is make sure EVERYTHING is turned off.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JTquint said:

Yeah, I think you're right. Mebbe in my little mind I was trying to do some sort of average, since we only get 87, 89, or 93 octane, but wait, that would have averaged out to 91:D

I don't think I was expecting a simple program upload to turn this thing into a raging beast. But it is a lot stronger in the mid-range, and I like the shift points a lot better. It also feels like they've kinda firmed them up some too. I'd think that would be caused by changing the amount of intrusion by the Torque Management System?

·
Registered
628 Posts
05nxpresshemi said:
NICE TRUCK..I HAVE THE SAME QC IN RED, ALSO IN MIAMI :rck:
Welcome dude...., best color in my opinion, looks like a kids truck. There's alot of them in Miami.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree with JTquint, my 03' 4.7 (3.92 gear) was tuned to both the 87, and 91 octane settings, but for the price, $525 Canadian I sent it back within the money back time frame. I found very little in terms of over-all performance and fuel economy for that matter. In my opinion, not worth the cash (in my case anyway). I may consider coming back to it when the Gibson headers go in this week, but at today's gas $'s I'll think twice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.