DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Die Hard Dodge Fan
115 Posts
Man that is crazy. I work at a Dodge Dealership and our 30K service is only 600 for the Hemi 4x4. Where are you at?

·
Registered
70 Posts
hay at my dealership they told me i also need to change the fuel filter but is the filter they are talking about the one inside the gas tank cuz that would suck to change or is there another outer one by the frame somewhere like most car, because at checker auto parts theyd ont' even sell it and the computer comes up to tell you that it is not serviceable thanks for the replies

·
Registered
53 Posts
its usually outside at least mine is on my old blazer

·
Registered
70 Posts
ya i know like the envoy that my parents drive was a peice of cake i dun't kow if its the same story for the ram though

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is in the tank on these trucks. No inline filter that I'm aware of.

I'd definately want the dealer to replace it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Erin Nelssen said:
Man that is crazy. I work at a Dodge Dealership and our 30K service is only 600 for the Hemi 4x4. Where are you at?
:WHT: Sorry, still not even close.

·
Registered
336 Posts
REMOVAL
The fuel pump inlet filter (strainer) is located on the bottom of the fuel pump module (Fig. 32). The fuel pump module is located inside of fuel tank.

Bummer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you can do basic mechanical go to Dodge and buy the factory service manual. It will show you where it's located and how to change it. I did the one on my 1996 2500 in about three hours. You don't need a shop but an engine hoist ( to pull the bed) . there's only 6 bolts on the bed and a couple of connecters on the harness. SIMPLE

·
Registered
430 Posts
shoottokill said:
hay at my dealership they told me i also need to change the fuel filter but is the filter they are talking about the one inside the gas tank cuz that would suck to change or is there another outer one by the frame somewhere like most car, because at checker auto parts theyd ont' even sell it and the computer comes up to tell you that it is not serviceable thanks for the replies
If the stealership told you your fuel filter needed to be changed, what they really meant was that they need more work and they need you to pay them to change the filter. If the filter needed to be changed, it would say so in the maintenance schedule. Unless of course you're experiencing fuel system problems. Otherwise, tell them to stop trying to screw their customers!

·
Registered
477 Posts
HEMI-Now said:
If the stealership told you your fuel filter needed to be changed, what they really meant was that they need more work and they need you to pay them to change the filter. If the filter needed to be changed, it would say so in the maintenance schedule. Unless of course you're experiencing fuel system problems. Otherwise, tell them to stop trying to screw their customers!

thats exactly what I was thinking. Taking advantage of customers like that is a sorry way to do business. :VHOT:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I just ordered the parts for my 30,000 service. It came to 267 from summit. That was all 16 spark plugs, royal purple oil and front and rear diff fluid and oil filter. I will be having a local shop do it. F-the dealer

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.