DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
what's your left leg doin
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, after all my questions, research, and endless waiting I am finally happy! :D

Got my new 2005 ram 1500 ST 4x4 today!

It's flame red with the ST value group.
4.7L magnum V8 with the new 6-speed.
3.92 LSD
tow group
protection group

I know there are a few that were very interested in the new gatrag 238 6-speed.
100+ mi and many shifts later........I like it. :D

Pics to follow..............

-Andy......... :D

Originally put 4 pics in but only this one seemed to work, sorry its so big, but you can see the shift patern now. :thatfunny
EDIT- I took out the "big-pic" if c/d pics are not okay PM me and I'll edit them out.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
I need to check with the local dealers and see if anybody has one. I like my '03 but to me the NV3500 5-speed is a little rough sometimes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,238 Posts
Congrats on the new truck!!

BTW, that is a big a$$ shift knob!LOL
 

·
what's your left leg doin
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to check with the local dealers and see if anybody has one. I like my '03 but to me the NV3500 5-speed is a little rough sometimes.
Don't get me wrong........It's still a truck-shifter, and that's fine with me.
Don't want you thinking this getrag is like sport-car shifter....it's not.

It shifts simular to the NV 3500......just has better ratio's (and more of them he he).

With that said........I can shift a truck-tranny pretty damn fast when I want to. :drivingz:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,005 Posts
Man, thats cool you can get the painted bumper top wiht an ST now. Makes the truck look a lot nicer like that. Great looking truck and color by the way!

KB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
stickshiftsrule said:
Don't get me wrong........It's still a truck-shifter, and that's fine with me.
Don't want you thinking this getrag is like sport-car shifter....it's not.

It shifts simular to the NV 3500......just has better ratio's (and more of them he he).

With that said........I can shift a truck-tranny pretty damn fast when I want to. :drivingz:

You would probably like the way my HURST shifter feels. It is definetly better than the stock shifter. I heard that the getrag had more syncros in it, so figured that it would maybe shift a little smoother.
 

·
what's your left leg doin
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
silverbullit said:
You would probably like the way my HURST shifter feels. It is definetly better than the stock shifter. I heard that the getrag had more syncros in it, so figured that it would maybe shift a little smoother.
It is a bit smoother/better than the NV3500, but you can still tell your in a truck.
Just didn't want to give any false impressions. I used to have a 5.0 mustang with a T-5 5-speed, now that was nice!
....But I'd rather have a truck, and to me Dodge was the best choice for what I wanted.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes hurst to make a shifter for the getrag.
One good thing they (dodge) did was to shorten the stick a bit.....
......but damn a T-handle would sure be nice! :rck:

-Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Power

stickshiftsrule said:
It is a bit smoother/better than the NV3500, but you can still tell your in a truck.
Just didn't want to give any false impressions. I used to have a 5.0 mustang with a T-5 5-speed, now that was nice!
....But I'd rather have a truck, and to me Dodge was the best choice for what I wanted.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes hurst to make a shifter for the getrag.
One good thing they (dodge) did was to shorten the stick a bit.....
......but damn a T-handle would sure be nice! :rck:

-Andy
How do you like 4.7/stick combo for power in that truck? Those ratios should work real well with 3.92's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,733 Posts
I guess I will have to test drive a few of those 6 speeds in Rams in Dakotas. It's a tough job but someone has to do it!
 

·
what's your left leg doin
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
b1llyw said:
How do you like 4.7/stick combo for power in that truck? Those ratios should work real well with 3.92's.
I like it. She squawk's em' nicely in 2nd AND 3rd.
 

·
Jeep Driver
Joined
·
32,497 Posts
CONGRATS on the new Truck! :D

The new 6-speed is pretty slick... especially in the Dakotas, IMO... if not for Houston traffic I would have strongly considered one for my new Dak!

Did anyone ever find out why Ram 6-speeds were on restriction for the last couple months of the '05 model run?
 

·
what's your left leg doin
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As far as I know it was only on the electric 4x4 option.
I was very concerned that my truck would not be made (ordered in april), but 5 weeks later I had it! (whew!).
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top