DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any strong reason why one is better than the other? Looks like the Fabtech comes with a skid plate and the Procomp doesn't?

Let me know what you think. Thanks

Mark:gr_patrio

·
Registered
293 Posts
Both are decent kits and for most it comes down to price.... I went with the procomp kit a year ago mainly because it was a couple hundred cheaper than the fabtech who at the time I purchased did not have a kit on the market for the 08. The only thing I would have done differently is get the more expensive kit made by either company and get the coilovers which are available. If your truck is a 06-08 there are not many options for the front struts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive had the fabtech 6" on my older 05 and loved it! It cleared my 35s with no problem and looked great! I starting doing the research for my 06 mega cab and have to agree electric, it comes down to price!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i would go with the pro comp because it has a adjustable track bar, and i think fabtech and pro comp are both owned by trans america aka 4wheelparts, i know for sure they own pro comp

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm... Starting to lean towards Procomp then. It's cheaper right now, and sounds like a nice kit.

I'm not gonna be rock-crawlin' or anything, just want a nice looking truck. Definitely won't be going with the expensive-shock setup.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
My brother ran a ProComp on his 2500 Chevy and it was a pretty nice kit. I looked at those before I decided to go a different route. I think it's a good kit.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
are we to guess what kind of truck you have, i mean its great you have a z06 corvette, but through us a bone

its all the same stuff, just get whats cheapest and roll with it. unless you upgrade to the fabtech 4.0's, but thats on a 2500 chassis

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I was actually inquiring on what lift to put on the vette. :SPIN:

I'm going to be trading her in on an 06-08 1500 QC 5.7L 4x4..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.