DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as my truck stranded my son, I said enough is enough!!

I knew there was an issue with the 'draw straw', because there was virtually no diesel in the supply-line, when I checked. The Air-Dog Raptor engine-mounted lift-pump (100gph) seemed to be operating fine, when I bypassed the straw, to get the truck back home.

Well, I ripped out the Air-Dog. I ripped out the engine-mounted leaky fuel-filter (leaked from the drain-valve / replaced it once already -not doing it again). I ripped out the SUPPLY line and capped it at the top of the fuel tank. I noted some nasty looking stuff on the mesh, below the straw pickup.

I installed a TITANIUM FASS (150GPH) system and hooked in my Westach fuel pressure sensor to it; as well as the optional FASS fuel-heater rod. I do not know if I notice as much of a difference in engine performance. I just know the difference in my contentment-level that I finally got those installed.

Oh ya, I installed a a Beans fuel-tank sump as well, to permanently bypass the factory draw-straw. MUCH happier.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You won't notice a power difference in the pumps unless your raptor wasn't keeping up with the truck. Most people hate those raptor pumps because they usually are pretty faulty. I glad you went with the beans sump too, sumps are awesome if they are installed correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.