DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on my borla exhaust today. I put on a Borla Pro XS Muffler 3" SI / 2.5" DO and did 3.5" tips straight out the back. I got the muffler brand new for ~ $100 and the tips for ~$75 and a friend that owns a performance shop welded it all up for $120 with new piping and hangers. I could not be happier, great mild rumble and NO MDS DRONE! Great setup for someone on a budget not wanting the MDS drone. I will try to get some pictures and a sound clip up soon!

Link to Muffler -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__Borla-Stainless-Pro-XS-Muffler-40349_W0QQitemZ170296099890QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item170296099890&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Link to tips -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360124634211&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
Youve got the same setup as I do except I did a different muffler and slightly bigger tips (4"). I like mine and it was a good upgrade. I am sure will be happy with your also. Get some pics when you get the chance.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to try to get pics and vids up tonight. I am just really happy that I don't have ANY mds drone whatsoever. That was my biggest fear.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Any vids yet? Im anxiously awaiting them! :D

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
i tossed the Magnaflow for this same muffler a month ago and am very pleased with the sound.. even with the longtubes and no cats there is no drone. bought mine from wikednicky too!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Any idea what model number a SI/SO would be for that model?

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
i have the Borla from the Daytona rams on my truck, and love the sound aswell and no drone, i have it ran out the back with Magnaflow rolled edge 3" dia tips. Congrads on your all's setups.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In toronto on business - had an emergency call (work in environmental engineering) - But I promise I will have something up monday evening.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
good, vids are always nice. although i cant watch them, i have dialup..:c

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Now that youve increased the flow of your muffler,you should change out the stock y-pipe,and cats.
A friend of mine gained 8 hp just from replacing the stock y-pipe on our trucks.
Then youll enjoy the extra performance from the better flowing muffler.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
So I guess these Borlas flow as well as the Magnaflows?

·
NighthawkII
205 Posts
Borla is awesome and definitely flows as well as a magnaflow. I use to have the Borla XR-1 40085 with turn downs and that sucker could wake the dead. As for performance it was awesome. Shiz I even had a group full of Hells Angels give me a hell yeah with their fists in the air as I passed them on a back country road where I live. Its too bad I made the dumb mistake of having it replaced with an flowmaster, duh. I'll be going back soon this time with Borlas XR-1 40004s with the tailpipe coming out before the rear tire.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I will really be anxious to see your video clips. I would love it if you could take a good clip while driving so we get a taste of what it is like under load out driving. That will tell people more than idling in park or reving in park.

Drone is a BIG issue for me too. I was going to try and find a used 05 Daytona Borla and use that because I know they don't drone but now I will wait to hear your clips. The Magnaflow on my 04 HEMI Ram had such horrendous drone I got a headache 15 minutes into driving it.

BTW - you keep refering to MDS drone. Ok so when MDS kicks in you don't hear any thing odd but that isn't actually drone as most think of that term. What about regular drone/resonance? Such as no MDS on and a steady cruising RPM of 1700-1800 @ 40-45 MPH'ish? That is where the Magnaflow KILLED ME! Right around that RPM & speed level it just caused so much resonance/drone it was brutal.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will really be anxious to see your video clips. I would love it if you could take a good clip while driving so we get a taste of what it is like under load out driving. That will tell people more than idling in park or reving in park.

Drone is a BIG issue for me too. I was going to try and find a used 05 Daytona Borla and use that because I know they don't drone but now I will wait to hear your clips. The Magnaflow on my 04 HEMI Ram had such horrendous drone I got a headache 15 minutes into driving it.

BTW - you keep refering to MDS drone. Ok so when MDS kicks in you don't hear any thing odd but that isn't actually drone as most think of that term. What about regular drone/resonance? Such as no MDS on and a steady cruising RPM of 1700-1800 @ 40-45 MPH'ish? That is where the Magnaflow KILLED ME! Right around that RPM & speed level it just caused so much resonance/drone it was brutal.
There is no drone or resonance at any speed in MDS or out of MDS. The only time I can hear the MDS kick in is right at about 40 MPH, but I definately have to be listening for it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
There is no drone or resonance at any speed in MDS or out of MDS. The only time I can hear the MDS kick in is right at about 40 MPH, but I definately have to be listening for it.
THAT is what I want to know about and hear. Thanks. :tup: I am not as concerned about the exhaust sound changing when MDS kicks in as I am getting drone like I got with the Magnaflow in my 04. Really looking forward to the video.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Now if I could just figure out what model this would be in a SI/SO! :(

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
i think mine is getting louder with time, love the sound, i have a clip of it in my gallery if it still works. Turn up the volume and you can hear it rumble, i think its louder than it was then, now.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
i think mine is getting louder with time, love the sound, i have a clip of it in my gallery if it still works. Turn up the volume and you can hear it rumble, i think its louder than it was then, now.
Do you have a lot of drone, or any at all?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Now if I could just figure out what model this would be in a SI/SO! :(
40364 = 2.5" SI / 2.5" SO ( centered/centered )
40352 = 2.5" SI / 2.5" SO ( offset/offset )
40353 = 3" SI / 3" SO ( offset/offset )
40358 = 2.5" SI / 2.5" SO ( offset/centered )
40359 = 3" SI / 3" SO ( offset/centered )

Pick your poison. These are all the SI/SO Borla PROXS mufflers that I would consider for the Ram. :gr_patrio

http://www.borla.com/proxs/index.php

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.