DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a 97 dodge v6 140K miles never a problem, well last wedsnday on my way home it seemed to have lost power i tried to accellerate but it jus kept slowin down and it startin spittin and sputterin, finally died, well it started after a little bit with the check engine light on, maybe ten min, I had a buddy whos a mobile mech come over and check it, the computer said it had a misfire on #4 we put wires and plugs on it and it ran fine until friday then same thing let it sit a while and it started up. and ran fine until today and same thing, mech is thinkin fuel pump or the sock on the intake in the tank, or Crank Sensor OR Throttle Position Sensor, or O2 sensor >
any suggestions or do we just start playin geussin games, both times after we put wires on it there was no codes showing I would think if it was a sensor it would show a code, i dont know though
Thanks in advance
David

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Have your mechanic do a fuel system pressure check and if possible drive the truck with the pressure gauge connected. This way if the problem reoccurs, he can observe if there is a sudden drop in fuel pressure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well he cant do it while driving

Well i called him and he said he cant do it while driving, so if it doesnt do it all the time i guess its time to play guessin games man this sux

thanks i appreciate the info ill keep hopin lol

David :gr_patrio

·
Registered
842 Posts
Check your ignition module. It may be getting week enough that when it gets hot that it cuts out. Letting it sit and cool down then it runs again. (this is if there is good fuel pressure)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update on being stumped still stumped

Well after two days sittin at the shop idling and a drive every few hours it DIDNT do a thing it ran fine. I picked it up and drove it for three days finally last night it threw a code P0132 02 Sensor High Voltage left bank, i didnt notice anything when the light came on but this morning it did it again, was driving down the highway and lost power it would barley run, backfiring, wouldnt idle, I shut it off and let it sit for a few mintues then it started ok, it ran pretty rough and went a 1/2 mile or so and died, let it sit some and did the same thing, I was stuck on the highway so i just did that for about an hour and finally got to where i was going, let it sit for an hour or so and it started fine, idled great etc, I left it there and drove another vehicle home, Ill get it looked at Tuesday, Some people say its a clogged cat converter some say ignition module some say fuel pump, any suggestions ? I am open lol
david

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sounds like a bad cat since the O2 sensor is the source of the code

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
Sounds like a plugged cat or a fuel pump. If it does it again while it is acting up climb underneath and beat the cat with a bfh. Sometimes this will dislodge whats clogging the converter. If it runs good after doing this this is your problem. I don't understand why your mechanic said he can't check your fuel pressure while driving it unless its an issue with shutting the hood or something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

Well finally got it into a shop and the only thing they could find was the rotor was GONE there was virtually notiing left on the rotor and also the cap was burnt up pretty bad so maybe that was it who knows its done fine since so we will see
david
thanks to all
ill keep ya posted lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.