DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Private Assasin
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be picking the car up today when I get out of work.

It's been over at my friends shop getting an A-518 installed. As many of you know, this is no small task, since the crossmember needs to be modified to fit the trans body. The OD/lockup circuits are not wired yet. I still have the stock 2.45 gears, so I don't need it right now. I'll do all the wiring and have it ready when I get the axle rebuilt with the 3.90 gears.

I also had him fix a bad spot in my floor board, install custom subframe connectors, and put in my sway bar. I could have done some of this work, but he has a lift. :D

My trans actually came OUT of the green/white Dart Sport listed on his web page. He removed the 518 and mild 360 for the 408/727 combo he has now.

Miller Performance

· Private Assasin
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I have a slight fluid leak, but I think it's just the dipstick tube. Mikey said to bring it by this week and he'd take care of it.

I will say it's nice to be able to stand on the throttle FINALLY, after seven years. The converter is a bit looser than stock, so it doesn't lug the motor so bad when dropping in to gear. It shifts GREAT!! It's not a street/strip shift kit, just a street kit, so the shifts are crisp and short, but not hard (which I wouldn't mind, but this kit was already in it.)

It's still a bit doggy off the line thanks to the 2.45 gears....but I have a set of 3.55 gears and a new Sure Grip to throw in. :rck:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.