DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do yall think, keep them & put them on the front or no? They are my old 275/60's from a long time ago. I put them on to see about how well some 325/45 m&h's would fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
I say you plasti dip the style you like the most so they are all black!!!

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
i like them, they look good. i bet if you had your stockers powdercoated they would look good also

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I say you plasti dip the style you like the most so they are all black!!!
Well thats 1 reason I have been going back & forth on rim/tire options b/c I dont want 20's anymore but many I dont want black rims anymore. No more black rims for me if I make a switch.

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the real thing that will tell me what I want is when I put them on the front. Bigger tires always look better on the back. Maybe something like a 275/55 or a 265/60. I have had the 275/60's behind the house for about 4 yrs now. They were on my chrome 17's way back in the day. I had my worn out 295/45 dr's takin off & had these put on the rims

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
i had that style on my 06 i liked them on my 10 i like those also but i do like the 06 style better

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the right rubber the smaller wheels will look ok. But if you ask me, that truck looked best right here:

http://www.dodgetalk.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=46194&catid=member&imageuser=85711

One of the hardest things to do is leave well enough alone. I see a lot of people post pics on here and sometimes it seems people are moving backward with their trucks.

Just some food for thought.
I know. I cant keep still lol. I got tired of the bumper & I had to take the 285/50/20's off b/c of the 4/6 drop. I still need to get the factory red bumper on it

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess what I'm trying to say is that 6 yrs is a long time & my tastes have changed w/ this truck as I have grown up. I got the truck when I was 17 and still a kid & now I'm 23 & getting married. The truck has went throw many changes & will see many more. I dont plan on getting rid of it for a while since its paid off & well modded. If the paint gets to bad I will get it repainted. If the motor goes I will do another motor. I will probably keep the 20's in the shed for now if I decided to run the 17's just I want them on every now & then but I'm just wanting an easier set up for street/strip use instead of changing wheels all the time

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
keep em and send your 20s to me Via Shelby :D

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts

·
The White Collar Redneck
1,807 Posts
Lift it, and put some 37s on it... :D

Actually, I like the current look, except the bumper should be painted.

The 17s look good stock; they needn't be painted black.

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lift it, and put some 37s on it... :D

Actually, I like the current look, except the bumper should be painted.

The 17s look good stock; they needn't be painted black.
Lol I already have 1 truck lifted 6" w/ all terrains. Thats enough for me lol

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So how many say I should put the srt 10 bumper back on it?

·
Low N Slow
4,459 Posts
Sure, with your current 20's. Not sure about your 17's only because of travel clearance. You may know your roads by heart to prepare any maneuvers needed so it might not be a issue.

What is the width of those 17's?

·
Silent Professional
453 Posts
I think you should send the 20s and bumper to me. I'm just sayin....

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
put the bumper back on the truck, i like the look it had on there, unless you just cant clear anything

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didnt really have clearance issues w/ it. Roads werent a problem w/ it either. I just got sick of it but a red bumper does look way better than chrome

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.