DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and mccready6569 did a good job painting it, but i'm not sure what brand it is, i need to know so i can get a key for it, and it ain't a century brand either.

does anyone know what brand it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
It looks like the ones Mopar came out with. The ones on the HemiSports and such look an awful lot like that.

KB

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
If it was a Mopar Tonneau, I found an old post saying they were made by Leer.

p.s. Almost forgot, I lost both sets of my tonnea keys, its a long story, but I asked dodge if they could possibly get me replacement keys. Dodge called Leer and and Leer stated they only make three different types of barrel keys for their lock mechanisms and I had to tell them which shape was on the lock of the tonneau and the outside if you know what I mean. That is not comforting with the amount of expensive items I keep in the truck bed, and to know that anybody could gain access to same in a 1 in 3 shot. NO GOOD if you ask me and thought mabe people should know this before anybody goes buying the tonneau.

·
Banned
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the response kb it definetly looks like its a mopar cover, leer having 3 keys could be interesting.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
If its not the Mopar one it looks damn close. A lady my wife works with has an 03 Thunderroad with the bodykit/tonneau. I swear it looks exactly like that one. Hope you find out for sure if its that one.

KB

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Yup, I remember that upside down embedded T shape in it. I always thought they were cool, just too pricey from the dealers. Give it a whirl, at least you know Leer makes it then.

KB

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I bought that one from Kevin. It took me quite awhile to get a key for it. I even took it to a security outfit to see if they could make a barrel key. They wound up tracking down a supplier for the lock and I ordered a key for it. Wrong key!
I found a Leer dealer out here and they told me it looked like a Leer, but it wasn't. He had an old lock and key laying around, sold it to me for five bucks, lol.

dline, your's got three, or four lobes inside the lock?

And that lid of Kevin's looks waaaaay better covering the bed of my truck than it did leaning against that wall. :D

·
Banned
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know southco is the lock manufacturer

should i try and get a key from the dealer???

anyone got a spare key?

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
The keys are kinda hard to come by. The company that made it makes a cheaper alternative to a Leer (they look almost identical. They had to show me the differences for me to finally say,"Ohhhhhhh, okay.").

Look inside the barrel of your lock. If you have four lobes (tits), I can PM you the part number for a key. I ordered the wrong one, it came with cutouts for only three lobes. I've been looking for the emails I had with the security company that found all this info for me, but can't find them. I'll keep looking....

Oh, and them keys ain't cheap. Cost about twelve bucks apiece.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Dammit! I don't have much time left here. But if you want, I can run back there and see if I can get one of those keys back from the dealer (if he's still got one).

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I may be able to stop in there today. I'll let ya know.

At the very least, I might be able to get the part number for it.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Tried on Saturday. I shoulda known that it bein' a Mom and Pop outfit would have them closing at Noon! Still trying this week though.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
PM me your address bro. :D

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Lol, no big. He remembered me. We yakked for a little bit and went rummaging through his spare key drawer. He didn't want anything for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.