DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine bay is very hot and I wanna help keep it cooler, I was looking at the flex a lite Black Magic Electric Fan and was wondering if anyone is running one and what do they think of it.

Will a new e fan help keep it all cooler and be better then the stock fan blade?

Thanks and feel free to give any input. :teacher:

·
Redtruck-VA
2,758 Posts
Lotsa folks running them. Most like them, some don't. It was 90+ degree's today, intown the fan cut on and of like it should and on the highway it stayed off. I also use a 180 T.

·
07 hemi ram
454 Posts
i have one and i like it and I don't.reason: it is electrical which means eventually the motor will burn out like mine has done after about 3 yrs. i recently ordered a new one from Moe's perf. Matt was great in getting it to me in a day and a half.
so now i will order just a motor and have it in the old fan so when this one burns out i have one ready to go.
I will say doing this mod in my heavy QC i never noticed a thing in performance. it works great i also have the 180 Tstat and it cycles on and off like it should .

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
It won't necessarily cool the engine bay, though. It cools the motor more efficiently, but it won't cool it more. I went back to a 203 'stat. The e-fan cools it down to just below 1/2 and shuts off.

As for extra power off the line, I think it helps. My big ol' QC does 0-60 in the mid-7s. From what I've read here and other forums, that's pretty quick.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I have one of the true two-speed Ford e-fans and a DCC 2-speed controller that's isolated to just the battery. It runs until the water temp is down to the set temp.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.