DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally got my complete exhaust inn 3" pacesetters LTs>3" y-pipes>2.5ft of 3" streight pipe>3" SI/2.5DO Flowmaster super 10 dumped with 14" turn downs.
After 28 painfulls hrs and some chopping and grinding, i was able to install the exhaust. The headers whent in easy on the left side but on the right i had to unbolt the fuse box, remove the plastice tire fender to get to the battery tray and remove it, remove the power steering resorvoir (or just the whole unit) and remove all spark plug wires and guide/protective round plates. and for the record; pacesetter's y-pipe on a 02 dodge ram 4X4 does not fit propaly! some series modifications have to be done. The y-pipe/collector is too big. it lands up right in between the cross member/brace that holds the torsion keys and the flooring support, I had to cut a piece off flooring. I also had to cut one of the pipes 1.5" shorter in order to be able to fit it all in

Today i wen to ISU (idaho State Univ.) to register because i will be moving out this augost. A day prior i made an appointmen with a Dyno shop which was 2 streets away (even though ISU has a Dyno for their automotive program) anyways here a short vid of the dyno with all of my mods on my signature!!

Blue is 3rd gear pull
Red is 35mph pull
Green is through all gears (starting from 1st)

·
Woodstock
762 Posts
Impressive. Those pipes sure look good. The 'Y' pipe difference is amazing. That Flowmaster is barely a muffler at all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL!! yea i can hardly hear the flowmaster's tone!!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
congrates on the LT's and clean looking truck...nice #s on the 3rd gear pull(1-1)....is that with the hughes air gap or a modded kegger?...updated list of mods...what were your air/fuel ratios at(how close was hemi with the tune lol)?....my last dyno my ratios were in the 10's....not good for making hp/torque....

edit...were u go?...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
congrates on the LT's and clean looking truck...nice #s on the 3rd gear pull(1-1)....is that with the hughes air gap or a modded kegger?...updated list of mods...what were your air/fuel ratios at(how close was hemi with the tune lol)?....my last dyno my ratios were in the 10's....not good for making hp/torque....

edit...were u go?...
thanks man, it was with both hughes intake and stock kegger. what really got me was that his air/fuel gauge was not working right :cuss: Hemifever needs those numbers for a retune.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got everything from Summit

·
Campbell
92 Posts
very nice i am running a very simialar setup for the exhaust i have long tubes and the y pipe at home and will install them soon. how hard was it to install and what did you also have to buy to make them fit properly and are you running a cat on your truck

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very nice i am running a very simialar setup for the exhaust i have long tubes and the y pipe at home and will install them soon. how hard was it to install and what did you also have to buy to make them fit properly and are you running a cat on your truck
what year is your truck? 4x4?

·
Campbell
92 Posts
97 sport st/sb 4x4 with 3.55 gears ihave 265/75/16 duratracs on it right now with nothing done and it already sounds mean i cant wait till i get the long tubes on

·
DOGOS RULE!
152 Posts
great numbers, i have an 02 2x4 sport with a similar list of mods minus the y pipe stat fans and TB. with no cat to a DI/DO flowmaster super 50. add a hughes cam, and sct not done by hemiferver. I just got it on the dyno on an 85 octane tune put down almost the same numbers in the 240 range but gotta say im think im kinda jealous that you got the same numbers on no cam. lol good work keep the mods going! anyone ever dyno their stock truck for a base line?

·
DOGOS RULE!
152 Posts
only cause i forgot to switch to the 91 before the pulls. I realized what it after we got done.:ugh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.