DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into purchasing Goodyear Duractracs. My stock tire size is 265/60/18. Duractracs don't come in that size, so what is the next size I could run without rubbing and what kinda lift would I need to clear? I was looking at 275/65/18 or 295/65/18. Maybe even 20's...but I think I like 18's best.

Btw: I have a 3" body lift and 2" leveling kit...not installed...would either of those help clear?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think your first pick would be the best, 275/65/18. That is a bit over 32", with the lift you're gonna put on, I think you'll be okay. Not sure if you'll have to trim or not. But I would get the opinion of someone with a similar lift. That 295/65/18 is a bit over 33", be sure that will fit before you go that size.

The Duratrac in a 20", 285/60/20 is 33 1/2", I don't know if that would fit, or how much trimming would be involved for it to work.

That Duratrac is a great looking tire, can't wait to see how your truck turns out with the lift & new tires. I just put on my 20's today, did a little trimming to fit in my Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/50/20's. I am very happy, gonna put my new PIAA fog lights into my bull bar tomorrow, clean it up & post some pics.

Remember that I only have a leveling kit, so take my opinion for what it's worth. Not many Dakota's are raised up 5", so you'll hopefully get 1 of those guys to help you out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay awesome thank you.

Have you seen a Dakota with 245/70/17? I'm looking right now but can't find one. I compared the 265/60/18 (stock on my truck) with the 245/70/17 and they're the same size and come in Duratrac...

·
Registered
572 Posts
I don't think you will like the look of 245/70/17. My Dakota came stock with 265/70/16, and that is a slightly bigger tire, (wider & taller) than 245/70/17. That size tire on a stock truck is okay, but not on a lifted truck. Personally, I think the 275/65/18's are your best option.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I definitely agree. I was leaning towards the 275/65/18 as well. Would I need to have the leveling kit and body lift installed? and would that tire size look good? I don't want there too be too little tire, I want it to be the perfect amount like I have on there now.

·
Registered
572 Posts
My tires, 285/50/20, are 31.2 inches. I had to trim a very little off of the mudflap, and also (didn't really have to, it was just so close) a little of the wheelwell liner. This is with the leveling kit only. Top of the tires have 5 1/2 inch clearance. You want to put in 32 inches, I think that would only work with leveling kit and the body lift.
I really don't know how that tire would look with 5" lift, I never really thought about going any higher than I am now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, thanks. It's so complicated because the tire comes in sizes that make it so hard to choose from. I wish I could find a tire where I didn't need the body lift or leveling kit. Because if it comes down to it I will do either one or the other, maybe both. It all depends on the tire size that would be best in there and how much clearance I will need to run it. Its very complicated at this stage lol. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.