DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
moparman505
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not one to discourage anyone from throwing mods at the 5.9 I will say it again save your money for a stroker. Let's review some of the claims...cold air intake 5-8 horses, billet 52 throttle body 5-8 horses, headers 8-10, exhaust system with high flow cat and muffler 5-8 horses, 1.7 roller rockers 20hp, MP ECU 8-10hp, MP R/T heads 20hp, MSD wires, coil and ignition 5hp, synthetic oil and high flow filter good for 3hp. ETC. Did it all including intake(almost forgot that one) Given all the claims I should have had a tire shredding over 330hp truck. NOT. The 5.9 (don't forget the R/T cam) You will really not see huge gains with this engine until you go into it. Making a stroker was the best move I made. Think about it. Before you reek havoc on your savings account.

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
take the bias with a grain of salt.
did u find what your looking for?

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
Cold air intake did nothing for my 5.9 except make noise when I got on the gas. Went with a 52mm throttle body also and if it made any more HP I sure couldn't tell. Went with Flowtech shorty headers and it just seemed it made it a little bit more "peppy".

Went with a 408 and that's when I finally was happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.