DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Va beach Saturday morning and swapping a stock turbo for my HTB2. That means that I will be needing a clutch in short order because once I put all this crap on the new one I should be well over 500hp again!!!!
I'm ecstatic that I get to keep it.... YeeHaw!!!

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Will the stock 600 dump enough fuel to spin the bigger turbo?
Unless you have some new injectors and a fueling box up your sleeve.... :D

MikeyB

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have both the MP8 and the TST for the 07. I just need to get a new injector harness and the TST will work. I'll need a new LP but other than that there are plenty of guys making 5-600hp with stock injectors on the new trucks...
He may also have a set of wheels for me. None of this will cost me anything except for the output shaft from my trans. That's a $700 part but it was going anyways so I don't care..
I love it when a plan comes together....

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
You just can't leave anything alone, can you?? :evillaugh

BTW, don't forget the single disk clutch setup from SBC. You will need it.

MikeyB

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My plan is actually to wait on the big power mods for a while to make sure there are no issues with the truck initially. I don't want to kill the warranty on a brand new truck! It's gonna get an intake, turbo, exhaust upgrade, and maybe the MP-8 for now. Once I feel comfortable that I didn't get a problem truck then I will throw the TST and a better lift pump on it and of course a better clutch. Man it sure sucks waiting when I know my truck is just sitting down there waiting for me......

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
what are you waiting for? Do you have to wait until the weekend when you are off of work or something?
There are so many different threads about you buying a truck, that I can't keep anything straight!

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Wait a second. I remember you saying you were going to leave this one stock.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stock is not in my vocabulary except when I'm joking!!! ;)

Yes, I have to wait because I just took two days off last week and I just can't do it again this week. It's good though because now I was able to line this up where I can keep my nice turbo..... I've got Monday off since it's a Jewish holiday and the owner of my company is Jewish. I just can't wait til Monday though......

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
are you coming down ths upcoming saturday. where abouts. ill meet up with ya and catch whats going on. i could learn afew things or two.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to meet Tim at the same place where we were last time in Norfolk right off of Va Beach Blvd early Saturday morning. You will have to drag your butt out of bed early if you want to come check things out. Andy is supposed to be there to swap wheels with me too.....

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
swap wheels? ah wait, what areyou driving down. the SO or the new HO. hey your a SOHO, or HOSO haha. anyhow...why yalll swapping.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You would have to ask Andy that. I can tell you that my rims are much nicer than the ones he has on the truck right now. He's getting a great deal but hey, we're friends and it's either that or give them to the Dodge dealer. No I'm not driving the dually yet. I'm picking it up Saturday afternoon....

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
gotcha. nice

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
looks like this weekend could be good for both of us. I could be driving to pick up an 07 Hemi, you are picking up a dually. word.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My condolences on your Hemi purchase..... :(
:evillaugh

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
hope your not gettin rid of the cummins

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
MikeyB said:
Will the stock 600 dump enough fuel to spin the bigger turbo?
Saw this 2006 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4 w/48RE & 4.10's lay down 541 hp and 1030 torque this past Saturday. He has a B1, TST PMCR, EZ, and Crazy Larry, and some kinda auxillary pump (Carter maybe ?) . Not bad #'s for adding a few boxes. :D

This ol' 12 Valve laid down 625 hp and 1175 torque....Sledpuller 66 (I think) and some 50/50 water methanol) and a few other goodies.

Greg

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
oh say itaint so.mind me asking why

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.