DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get a new muffler for my stock 2010 dodge ram 1500 and i was wondering which one i should get that has a reasonable price. I want one that sounds pretty good.

·
Murdered out
518 Posts
look up mufflex they sound nice and not to much

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Good luck on that one, there are a lot of them out there, do a search you will find a lot of sound clips,
things to think about before you buy one
Does it Drone BAD IN THE CAB at speed ?????
Do you want to install it yourself?
Stainless or not?
How loud at idle?
Cost?
figure out those first and then ask questions, I went with a muffler that MOST of the younger crowd did not like because it wasnt loud enough on the highway, no drone on the highway, but loud when you rev it at idle , that is perfect for me, but everyone is different. mine is the BORLA stainless
let us know what you go with. It can be a tuff decision.....:ugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY_JMqT2DBk

·
ROLL TIDE ROLL
301 Posts
Good luck on that one, there are a lot of them out there, do a search you will find a lot of sound clips,
things to think about before you buy one
Does it Drone BAD IN THE CAB at speed ?????
Do you want to install it yourself?
Stainless or not?
How loud at idle?
Cost?
figure out those first and then ask questions, I went with a muffler that MOST of the younger crowd did not like because it wasnt loud enough on the highway, no drone on the highway, but loud when you rev it at idle , that is perfect for me, but everyone is different. mine is the BORLA stainless
let us know what you go with. It can be a tuff decision.....:ugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY_JMqT2DBk
I'm 23 and that's pretty close to the sound I want. I had my loud truck days, my ears can't take it anymore. :D Do you have any sounds clips on the road or maybe a drive-by? Sounds really good BTW

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I will try and get a clip of a drive by and others ..I can tell you that on the road after the mds kicks in it is SO quiet that I had to put it into 4th gear and go down the road to make it have a sound when IPass someone..for me that is better than all the time I really like the way it sounds...first gear hard take off sounds REAL GOOD..next gear also good all the way to to 5th gets quieter and overdrive with mds is so nice the stereo is clear and sounds fantastic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.