DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
planning on trading my 05 qc Hemi for a 05 qc ctd. Reasons are towing, mileage and durability, I plan to run on biodiesel. Good or bad move?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Its all based on the trade difference, when they were both new they were about $6,000 apart.

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
I say good move. No question i'd trade for a cummins if I could.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Do it and never look back. You'll never be sorry.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
do it!!! So you have any good mods you could sell before you trade in? :thatfunny

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no I dont have any mods sorry, havent had time (just got back). Are there any weak points besides less power from 6.7 to 5.9?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
5.9 has less power and a weaker tranny if you are going for the auto.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have an 05=auto love it. The gas mileage is great have BD power pup and CAI and spice air freshner -run amsoil and a 2 inch leveling kit with 315s

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
If it's good enough for Lil Richard, it oughtta be good enough for anybody.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Just don’t lend your diesel to your little brother; he’ll trade it in on a new Chevy Trail Blazer.

:grum:

·
Registered
274 Posts
That would be my only concern with switching to a diesel. Unless your putting a lot of miles on the truck it is going to take awhile if ever to recoupe your costs. Considering the diesel will be more expensive from the start and diesel fuel where I live is about $.60 more expensive than high test.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Just remember the trade in effect also. 05 Hemi's are going for what, 12K? 05 CTD's are going for 25K? Not bad for an initial 6K difference.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
Just remember the trade in effect also. 05 Hemi's are going for what, 12K? 05 CTD's are going for 25K? Not bad for an initial 6K difference.

Holy crap! If they are going for $12k up by you, I'm going to go up there buy some and bring them down here for resale. I.E.- right now, locally, the best '05 Hemis $17K and the CTD is $22K. It doesn't change your point just not that big a difference. ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.