DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· The original Ram Man
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i stumbled acrossed these on ebay. I did the 2in "leveling" spacers which made my 96 ram 1500 look like its acceling all the time. Now my ? is would this be a good fix to this problem? The local spring shop wants a lil under 200 to put aal's in and im thinking cheaper..

· Big Green
8,340 Posts
If you do it yourself it would be allot cheeper. Only question was that price included the aal or just labor. If aal is included you won't save very much just let them do it. It is not real hard to do but to save 50-60 bucks I would just have them do it. That is unless you have the garage and time and tools to do it yourself.

· The original Ram Man
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
43 Posts
I believe those shackles are designed to lower the rear end of your truck which is the opposite of what the aal is designed to do. If you crawl under your truck and look where the rear end of the spring attaches to the shackle you will see that adding longer shackles will raise the rear end of the spring causing the back end of your truck to sit lower. Now if those shackles on ebay are shorter than the factory ones that will give you lift. But I'm not sure if installing shorter shackles is possible on the rams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.