Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back Ground Information
Everybody may remember my truck was t-boned this past September. Parts of the repair were done by the dealership because they said the dash panels had to be done by the dealership. OK; if they want to replace the dash panels that was fine with me. But when I pick-up the truck, some of the options to the trucks’ security system didn’t work. The dealer looked at it but couldn’t find the problem; so I took it to the Clifford dealer. They looked at the system for about 30-minutes and found where the dash had been dropped on one of the system wiring harness. As soon as the key was turned, it shorted the harness and burned-up the Auto-Start and Smart-Windows modules. The system is almost nine years old, so parts are no longer made for the system. No parts means out with the old $1800 system and in with a new $1200 security system. The Dodge dealer didn’t want to have to mess with the truck during the holidays or the clearance sales during the first few weeks of the year, so they had me drop-off the truck on Monday the 12th. And one by one each of the mangers have checked the truck; Lead Shop Technician - Shop Foreman – Service Manger – General Location Manger –then the Dealership Owner came in with a District Manger that flew in to check what was going on with the truck.

Eighteen Days Later
Well, I got a call yesterday and the Shop Foreman said the truck working fine but the battery is dead. He then asked if I wanted a new battery. I told him “no, the truck has been sitting at the dealership for a month and that’s why the battery is dead”. I asked “how did you fix burned-up wiring and replace parts that are no longer even made”. He then told me everything about the system is working fine and he would put the truck on a charger until I got to there.

Now you need to understand that when I drop-off my truck, I leave the security system in the “valet mode”. This disables not only the security system but all of the optional features. I then leave the keys but I keep the remote with me. With the features disabled, I wanted to know how he checked the system. Now, everyone that know how the Clifford system works can take the system out of the “valet mode” but as soon as you turn the key, you have to enter a code and I’m the only one that knows the code. Without the code, the truck transforms into a screaming 6500-pound paper weight. So I pack-up my computer notebook with the diagnostic software and I’m off the dealership.

The service writer hands me my keys and I check my truck myself. I take the truck out of the “valet mode” and I can’t believe it when everything is working just as it should. I tried checking and testing my system for a week and could get anything but the door locks to work. I hooked-up my computer before and I couldn’t even get it to commutate with the security system; now, everything is fine. Before, I couldn’t get the Auto-Start or the Smart-Windows to work; now, everything is working prefect. Oh, I charged the battery overnight and it’s just fine as well. It’s the weirdest thing this truck has ever done to me. But on a very happy note: I have my truck back!!!

:werd:

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
I'm wondering if the dead battery resulted in a system reset therefore putting the system into a all systems go mode.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
nice. glad to hear that it worked out! bites that they had it for that long though!
hahaha ... two month on the same tank of gas. :rck:

I'm wondering if the dead battery resulted in a system reset therefore putting the system into a all systems go mode.
I don't know because I tried the reset myself. I took the NEG cable off and charged the battery for about 30-minutes. It didn't help. That's why I'm puzzled about this.

:dunno:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Glad its working for you, that must be one serious setup. So you had the clifford dealer install a new system and then you took it to the dodge dealer where they fixed the harness?

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad its working for you, that must be one serious setup. So you had the clifford dealer install a new system and then you took it to the dodge dealer where they fixed the harness?
No; the dealer wanted to check the system over before they forked over $1200 bucks. In a way, I'm glad they did check the truck or there's no telling what would have happen to the truck.

:)

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
glad its all worked out now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.