DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys im looking for a good set of hedders for the Duster to replace the paper thin Blackjacks' on it now. I want to spend the money & get a good quality pair so they will last a while. I was looked into the TTI hedders & was really impressed with what I saw, but after further investigation I see that you have to use there motor mounts. Anyone know what thats all about or how difficult it would be to do? I plan on yanking the engine this winter so that should help if it has to have different motor mounts. Anyone reccomend a good set for my LA360 powered duster :D ??

Thanks, Matt W. :rck:

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah RAM MAN, im leaning towards the TTI's, but im wondering about the motor mounts they say you have to use. no biggie.

That article on the duster is sweet! If only I had the money! I guess I should look this guy up, being that he is local. Thanks for the link RAM MAN.

Matt W.

·
Registered
570 Posts
TTI's are a good street engine header, I,m unsure about using their motor mounts. I like Hedman Hustlers for a more performance oriented engine.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Does Dougs make MoPar Small Block Hedders? Cause they and TTI's are the very best! I dont know what Matt means by their motor mounts? What would make them any different from the regular spool type or biscuit mounts Ma MoPar used? Schumacher Motor mounts are what I used in my Challenger plus a Schumacher Torque strap. Plenty of clearance fits like OJ, a glove!!

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eddie, the ad said I had to use TTI's mounts for a Abody auto car. Im not sure what they are talking about... clearence issues maybe? It was a A/E body ad so im hoping that they got the two mixed up & the mounts are for the E body cars... Ill give them a call & see what they say. & ill also get a $$$ guestimate.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
1 5/8 TTI step header for 67-76- A body, check it out am I missing something? Matt www.ttiexhaust.com it says designed to fit the engine in the stock location, I would assume the O.E.M. style mounts will work fine.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I like the way that you don't have to take the drag link loose to install the TTI's headers.

·
MYTYT
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the link Eddie. They didnt mention anything about the motor mounts so maybe it was just a typo or something. I saw the ad in M/M. Looks like im going with TTI! I was hoping I could run them, all the mopar guys around here (all 3 of em'!) say they are the best. Im also pleased to see, like 84 Ram said, you dont have to take off the drag link. Anything is better than the 10 year old blackjacks' that are on it now!! They are so thin im scared to touch them! :thatfunny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.