DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
11,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK y'all,

I have had it with the crummy stock brakes. I am gonna get new front rotors and pads. I have read alot over the past couple years about drilled rotors, slotted rotors, and drilled and slotted rotors. I am looking ofr input into a good rotor pad combo.

I drive alot of offroad, but little to no mud. I have seen pros and cons voiced over drilled rotors vs slotted rotors. I am totally anti Bling.

I want the best performing pad rotor combo for my use. Good stopping and long life are my main concern. Please let me know what might be a good setup and where I can get a good price.

Thanks in advance.

· Banned
11,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unfortunately, I cannot do larger rotors with the 16" wheels, and I dont want install pimp style large diameter wheels.

I think that slotted or drilled/slotted rotors are much much better that solid rotors.

Based on what I am reading, the slotted may be better than drilled/slotted. I do have concerns over small rocks or pebbles getting caught in the drilled rotor holes.

According to DurangoKid, the slots hold mud better than the drilled holes, but I am not too worried about mud here in AZ. We do have mud from time to time, but it is not too plentiful.

· Banned
11,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good catch Ugg,

I think I will go with the crossdrilled rotors and take my chances with offroading crap.

· Banned
11,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Banned
11,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I am going with power stop rotors and hawk pads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.