Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going to Rebuild my 318 in 1988 dodge OR get a 360 block

Around the end of july im gonna start rebuilding my 318 in my 1988 dodge its not the orginal motor but the oddmeter says 161879 on it as of now im gonna tear it down repaint get new manifold, carb, cam , lifters, what else am I forgetting but how do I know if the pistions need to get re done and is there any site I can get these parts at for my motor I think the motors out of some 1986 dodge OR would it be cheaper to get a 360 block and put what i want on it

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
You can order a rebuild kit from Summit Racing or PAW (Performance Automotive Warehouse). If the pistons don't have chunks taken out or any holes in them they can be re-used. You need to make sure your piston rods aren't bent or cracked either.

Have your block checked by a machine shop to make sure they're aren't any cracks in it. Sometimes the cylinder bores don't have to be machined just honed, but if they're too out-of-round, the block will have to be bored. And depending on the amount of bore..this will also determine if you need to buy new pistons.

If you've never rebuilt and engine before, I really suggest you purchase a reman. long block and bolt on your accessories. This way you'll have a warranty and you come out a little cheaper as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.