DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1)To me they need to be lowered. How difficult is this to do?
2)Do they have memory seats?(i am 6'1 and my wife is 5'3)
3)First mods to make them faster?
4)There seems to ve confusion on wheel offsets etc. will 20-22's fit without rubbing?

I can get an rt magnum 05' for $1700 under invoice, is that a good deal currently?
Thanks For you responses,
Dean

·
Mainiac
526 Posts
1. Not difficult. I saw a how-to with pics in the knowledge base at another Magnum forum. I paid $125 to a shop to do mine. The dealer can do it too, depending on their skill level (caution).

2. keiththecop fielded that one

3. an intake and a catback kit. All sorts of opinions on which one of each is 'da bomb'. Another Magnum forum is running an intake face-off later this month. I suggest sitting and waiting until the data is in and not listening to anyone's gushing praise of anything in the meantime. As to catbacks (or custom hackfest systems) you have a wide variety of options. Page back through the forums here and elsewhere as if this isn't the #1 single topic of discussion, its in the top 3. A decision will take awhile if you do it right and keep reading :)

4. Yes. Here again there is a LOT on this subject in the top 3 Magnum forums. I'd resist the temptation to decide on a set of wheels for awhile. I decided early on a set of Zinik Z1 Shoguns and, while they are splendid wheels that I always get compliments on, I would have perhaps preferred a set of American Racing Torque Thrusts in old-school 5-spoke chrome. You won't know until you've been floating around on the forums for awhile and seen a LOT of threads with pics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys....
Is there anything I should be looking for that is specific to the magnums while on the test drive. (noises,shakes, hesitations etc.....)

·
Mainiac
526 Posts
yeah ... those are all bad :D

If you are test-driving a really old (!) Magnum it might pull to the right. That was an early flaw in the first few months of production.

·
Mainiac
526 Posts
I would say its among the best deals I have heard of. Thing is that dealers are starting to get desperate to unload the 2005's on the lot and I think (unscientific/uneducated opinion) that you're going to see more and more of these in the coming weeks, so this won't be unique for long.

Which begs the question: Have you tried to get a similar deal elsewhere? Were other dealers equally desperate, if not more so? Seems like something to consider.

·
Registered
258 Posts
021500sport said:
Thanks for the replies...
I was still wondering if $1700 under invoice is a good deal.
Dean
He!! yes! I've been shopping for about a week in my area (SE VA), and only one dealer has come close to being under invoice by any amount, and near as I can figure he's under by maybe a couple of hundred dollars. I'm still waiting to see if there's some hidden fees they're going to spring on me but no one else is even close to their price so far. Good luck if you can get it!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Advantage

Remember this, '05's get the 7/70 powertrain warranty while '06's are going back to a 3/36.

·
Registered
463 Posts
021500sport said:
Thanks guys....
Is there anything I should be looking for that is specific to the magnums while on the test drive. (noises,shakes, hesitations etc.....)
Yeah, don't get any drool on the leather. :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
I picked up my RT for 1000 under invoice, which was about 5000 under sticker. They only went away and came back once so I suspect that I could have done better. That also didn't include the Dodge financing rebate.

I'd say that 1700 under invoice is a very attractive price. Mine had convenience group II, electronic convenience II, protection group, Sunroof, Sirius and UConnect so there is a little more flexibility vs. invoice when there are more options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
MattRobertson said:
yeah ... those are all bad :D

If you are test-driving a really old (!) Magnum it might pull to the right. That was an early flaw in the first few months of production.
What month is considered really old. I think mine is 9/04.
Cheers,
Walt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.