DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got pulled over last Tuesday for my taillights, cops says they dont have reflectors in them even though i showed them to him and he acknowledged that he saw them and thought the were stock lights with night shades. i have the Recon led tails Part # 264171BK havent tinted over them, they are exactly as i recieved them from Recon. i have the court date on April 12th. ive searched but cant find anything that is written saying their legal even though i know they are and so did the cop. does anyone have anything i can print out to take up there. i would just put my stockers back in but these arent illegal so i refuse to do that. thanks guys

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I guess you didn't get anything when you ordered them stating they were street legal then huh? When I bought some way back when for my car it came with a card stating they were street legal. I would call the company and see if they could get you something bro.

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
is there a DOT number on the light?? All lights approved by DOT will have a DOT number on them.

·
Busted Knuckle Garage
531 Posts
Totally bogus.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
But if the company tinted a DOT light, they wouldn't remove the DOT number just becuase they coat the lens.

edit: The TX laws reads you can not change the lens by any means that allters the color of the lens.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Totally bogus.
really? Wow.

Cause someone who can't see your stopping and runs in the back of you....

Totally bogus for sure!

Just remove them and put the factory back on for the court date. Bring them in with you and hopefully you can work things out. If you go in there as a jerk, be prepared to pay.

I know Arizona law says a relector must be seen with no lights on your truck.. and tail lights must be visable from 500 feet.

·
Registered
439 Posts
im looking at buying led's and im not trying to pay any more money to the state, might go with some depo style led's , but with no smoke. Texas has some stupid rules here. just replace them with stockers and take your recons to the judge to see what they say.

·
Busted Knuckle Garage
531 Posts
really? Wow.

Totally bogus for sure!

Just remove them and put the factory back on for the court date. Bring them in with you and hopefully you can work things out. If you go in there as a jerk, be prepared to pay.

I know Arizona law says a relector must be seen with no lights on your truck.. and tail lights must be visable from 500 feet.
I didn't mean bogus that you have to have rules about tail lights i just meant that it was bogus for the officer to see that there were reflectors and then write a ticket. Sorry I should not have implied safety regs were bogus!

I am eager to hear the outcome because I want to put DEPO's on my truck. They have about the same size reflector as Recons.

·
Registered
198 Posts
that photo from hemiram08 says DOT/SAE Approved up in the right hand corner. That should be good enough.

Good luck by the way.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I called recon but the couldn't send me anything, they didn't come with a certificate saying they were legal. And what are you talking about LEDs are a tousand time brighter than stockers

·
Busted Knuckle Garage
531 Posts
The only thing dangerous about these tails is that they look so good they can be distracting :D

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
check the back of the light i have the same recons and they have a dot number on the back. im not sure where you are but in Ontario as long as they are viable from 500ft or somthing like that there legal. and imo even though the recons are smoked they are a hell of a lot brighter then the stock tails

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
really? Wow.

Totally bogus for sure!

:thatfunny that makes no sense, compare led's to stock taillights... there is no comparison. maybe you misread what i said... they are factory L.E.D. Recons that come WITH reflectors... you'd have to be blind not to see these, in which case you shouldnt drive anyways lol

1 - 20 of 178 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.