DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RamRoddin'
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the LS 140 oil has some friction modifiers built right into it but basically im wondering if thats all i need?

I have an 05 4x4 with 3.92's. Ive chosen mobil 1 synthetic gear lube. (no Amsoil or other brand debates please lol..) If i understand correctly ill be picking up the following:

LS 75w-140 x 5qt rear gear oil
LS 75w-90 x 5qt front gear oil

That sound about right to you guys? I have a LSD.
I saw lots of info on Amsoil gear servicing but nothing mobil specific so thats why im here. The info on their website is a little generic and i know things can be pretty specific when it gets down to it for chrysler's way of doing things.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
That's the correct weights, but you only need 3 quarts of each. You will also need to tube of RTV and you can go to the dealer and get one bottle of slip-lock additive (for rear only). That's all you need. I have found that a wire wheel works great to clean up the diff cover, but if you don't have access to that, an scothbrite pad works good too.

Edit: You only need 2 quarts of the 75W-90 for the front.

I have attached the Amsoil lookup page for your truck, I know your not using Amsoil, but it tells you the recommended weights and capacities.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.