DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Colorado and I'm going to stay with my father in Florida for the summer and work for him. (I'm in law school). So he is flying out here next thursday to drive back with me in my ram. This is like a 1600 mile drive.

Any good ideas for supplies? The one thing I've got covered is a cooler filled with drinks and beer (for the one not driving of course). I've made some good cd's of music we both like also, plus I've always got my ipod with a fm transmitter.

I don't think he's driven a truck in years because he was telling me how he thinks we'll end up going slowly. Maybe you couldn't in 1972 trucks but in a new truck you can sure as hell cruise kansas at 90mph.

This should be fun. :cool:

·
Jerry Rigged Customs
1,330 Posts
if your dads like mine, take earplugs!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HollerIfYouHemi said:
if your dads like mine, take earplugs!
oh shit, i didn't even think about that. shit, i better go buy some.

although, hotels on the road are so cheap we could just each get our own room. money isn't an issue, especially not $30 so I don't have to hear him snore :D

·
Jerry Rigged Customs
1,330 Posts
so I don't have to hear him snore :D[/QUOTE]

yep your dads like mine

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HollerIfYouHemi said:
so I don't have to hear him snore :D
yep your dads like mine[/QUOTE]

would your dad be pulling up next to cars to check out chicks and making comments about waitresses's asses? :D

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Enjoy yourself!
There is nothing better than a good roadtrip with good friends or good family members!

My Uncle, my brother and I drove down to Daytona from Milwaukee in February!
Had a blast!
Good stuff!

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
OMG dude. Just be thankful there's some music that both of you like. I just got back from a 1200 mile roadtrip with my dad and even though I love him more than anything in the world if I hear another Conway Twitty song I'm going to go insane!!! Seriously though, I know it's great spending time with family. Enjoy it!
:rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
enjoy the trip and the opportunity. my dad died before we could do this type of stuff.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
POWERMAN said:
enjoy the trip and the opportunity. my dad died before we could do this type of stuff.
i am very thankful for his health and for these opportunities. we always had a good relationship but ever since I've become an adult we've become much closer. i'm 26, he's 55 and he is honestly my best friend. We have the same views on just about everything, we like a lot of the same music, and we work together. He's a lawyer, I'm a law clerk for his firm. When I graduate law school, in a year, I will be an associate at his firm.

besides how can you not love a father who imparted such wisdom to me in my teenage years as "always choose the chick with the biggest tits," or "if she's that easy for you she's that easy for everybody else so make sure you use a rubber." :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ThunderRoadHemi said:
90mph, jeez what do you get like 5mpg?
don't know. never have done a long road trip in my ram. don't care either. as i said, money is not a concern.

when i moved here, I had a Mach 1 mustang that I drove here from Florida. Despite blitzing across Kansas at 110+ I still managed to get 30mpg. :D Those mod motors may not get great gas mileage in trucks, but in a stang they do extremely well on gas.

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
thats a good thing. i have 2 sons and really enjoy the relationship that i have with them. i lend them my truck, when i can not go with them, and they don't burn the tires off.
they are my best friends.

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
Mad Titan said:
Enjoy yourself!
There is nothing better than a good roadtrip with good friends or good family members!
Yeah!!! Road trips are great. It already seem like you two will have a good time. Me and my father would just rant and rave the who time, and nag on each other the whole time(still quality time though)

JUST HAVE FUN, AND ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts

Ditto, although we did road trips every summer when I was small and they were always fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.