DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have 34,750 miles on my 2007 Hemi. The seat has always been comfortable but lately it's just been uncomfortable to sit in. I go to my dealership and I tell him I have an odd warranty request. I tell him about the seat, he feels it, he sits in it, he says no problem we will replace it for you. Damn that's nice. Than I tell him that I have another really random warranty question. There is a blemish in my paint right by my antennae. It looks like it was punched from the inside at the factory. I never would have noticed it if I hadn't replaced my antennae. I am moving this wednesday and I will be over the 35,000 mile warranty by the time I get there. So he sent me to a body shop, they take photo's , gonna put the work order in the computer and I can get it fixed when I arrive at my new location. This is the same dealership that replaced my power-steering pump with no questions asked even though I have 35's on the truck. The dealership where I am moving to is not this friendly or helpful. I will miss it dearly. But you gotta love good customer service like this.

·
Milo
1,426 Posts
It's good to here there are some great dealers still out there. To bad there are so few of them.

·
Enjoyin the Ram
358 Posts
Wow, thats cool. The dealer near me is pretty good. they replaced the u-joints, carbon canister, and throttle body, with no questions asked. i have the exhaust dumped on my truck and you can tell the u-joints were burned from the heat of the exhaust, but they replaced with no questions asked. And then the carbon canister and throttle body were replaced, and thats because I took it in with the cold air intake on it, and they didn't even ask any questions about it. But yeah, it's nice to have a dealership with good customer service. I wish all were like that.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't it though. I gotta tell you though my big a$$ is the happiest right now. Nothing nicer than a new seat than an old seat with brand new innards.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
It's aways nice to find someone or someplace that is actually helpful

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
i have found that the best place i can take mine is to my gerage lol the dealers here suck big time i had a dealer trying to get me to deactivate my alarm before they would change the oil. (because the doors auto lock) they were worried about locking the keys in it (and i even rolled all the windows down. all they had to do was leave them that way) im fed up with all there crap. i will not even buy parts there unless i really need to.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
very nice, my bumper to bumper is gone, BS really though, ticks me off, since its 3yrs-36k. well 3yrs have passed and im only at 23k something. Wish i could go get new seats, mine squeak sometimes, annoying.

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts
I got my Ram at a good Dealer. They were not sleezy or anything they let me take my time so I could get my finances together.

The best thing I liked most of all is that they didnt give me this bs "THE TRUCK PROBABLY WONT BE HERE TOMMORROW" They actually told me that it would probably be here waiting for me to be ready for it and if it isnt here we will just order you one. But yes too bad there are only a few dealers like that.

Sorry about the tangent but hey Spunk thats a pretty nice dealer too and grats on the new seat. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very nice, my bumper to bumper is gone, BS really though, ticks me off, since its 3yrs-36k. well 3yrs have passed and im only at 23k something. Wish i could go get new seats, mine squeak sometimes, annoying.
Wow I have had mine 1yr 5 months and I am 34,760. That's why I am glad I ask about that paint divot. I am barely squeaking it in under warranty on that one.

·
Premium Member
22,962 Posts
Dude, that is cool. They make money off of that so they'll do it. Heck they replace my battery everytime I go in.. ok, that was only twice. haha

I'd love to be a advisor. I'd be cool. I'd look for stuff to fix too.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dude, that is cool. They make money off of that so they'll do it. Heck they replace my battery everytime I go in.. ok, that was only twice. haha

I'd love to be a advisor. I'd be cool. I'd look for stuff to fix too.
Thats the problem. The last six months I was living in Burlington, VT. my power-steering pump was dyeing and I went to the dealership The service advisor saw my wheels and said he can't fix it because I violated the warranty. Man all he did was look at the wheels and it ended there. No investigation into it no test drive, no nothing. I come home to my Dealership in Montana. They see the wheels confirm that the truck is only 1 1/2 yrs old and say no problem. Turns out there is an "un-official" problem with power-steering pumps and dodge has designed a new one and that is the one thats on my truck now. Just like with the seat he said a few other people have had this problem. Now I don't know this for a fact but I have a strong feeling that if I took the seat to the dealership in VT I would have been flat out told "Not our problem". It's gonna be a long 2 years that I am spending in Burlington.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
awesome

·
God bless the troops
141 Posts
the dealership here isnt that nice. they wont even flash the computer to a new tire size, even thhough the new size is still a STOCK size. wanted to charge me 80 bucks for 10 minutes worth of work. now if i was back home in carolina, that stuff wouldnt happen. the dealership back home rocks, even if they are the smallest one within an hour drive.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
That's excellent ... :drivingz:

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
spunkmtb- is this our local Lithia of Missoula?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
spunkmtb- is this our local Lithia of Missoula?
Damn straight!!!!!!!!! Lithia Rocks and Jason is the man. Hey if we want to get that beer or coffee its gotta be this weekend. Also another question, I am getting a 4 inch lift installed on monday. I gotta try to put about 2-300 miles on it by wednesday afternoon so i can get it re-torqued before I leave on wednesday. I am thinking of driving to Polson and back real early tuesday morning for some highway miles and than heading down to Harpers bridge/deep creek area to wheel a bit but thought you may know another good place to stress the suspension that isn't too iced over right now.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
Damn straight!!!!!!!!! Lithia Rocks and Jason is the man. Hey if we want to get that beer or coffee its gotta be this weekend. Also another question, I am getting a 4 inch lift installed on monday. I gotta try to put about 2-300 miles on it by wednesday afternoon so i can get it re-torqued before I leave on wednesday. I am thinking of driving to Polson and back real early tuesday morning for some highway miles and than heading down to Harpers bridge/deep creek area to wheel a bit but thought you may know another good place to stress the suspension that isn't too iced over right now.
Yeah, Jason is a great guy. He's helped me out before too. As far as routes go, that isn't a bad way to go. You could also go towards the Lochsa Lodge if you are looking for some different kind of scenery. Once you get back to town you could head up Miller Creek and follow it until it hits the dirt road. It shouldn’t be too bad up there.

What suspension system did you go with for the truck? Who's doing the install?

I have to work this weekend. I’m leaving Saturday morning and won’t be back until Sunday night. That kind of kills the beer idea for the weekend.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, Jason is a great guy. He's helped me out before too. As far as routes go, that isn't a bad way to go. You could also go towards the Lochsa Lodge if you are looking for some different kind of scenery. Once you get back to town you could head up Miller Creek and follow it until it hits the dirt road. It shouldn’t be too bad up there.

What suspension system did you go with for the truck? Who's doing the install?

I have to work this weekend. I’m leaving Saturday morning and won’t be back until Sunday night. That kind of kills the beer idea for the weekend.
I got the Rancho 4' lift with their 9000XL shocks (Which are greatly improved over the original 9000 shock) I really wanted the Kore system but I just couldn't afford it with what I wanted. Plus I go wheeling maybe 5 times a year if I am lucky so the rancho should be just fine. I am having some custom made rear leaf springs done to replace the 2.5 inch blocks in the rear. Alcan springs are making those for me. Blue ribbon is doing the install. They have done a lot of work on my truck already. i was kind of shocked but I just found out that they charged me $234 for the labor on my level kit. That sounds like a lot but who knows. I think I was quoted $700 for the labor on this. i haven't been up Miller Creek Road in ages. When I had a motorcycle I loved going to that scrap yard that guy had up there. I wonder if he is still around. But that is a good idea. Well if you want and you got time on tuesday we can mess around down by the bridge. Let me know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.