Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what size to get?

22 inch or 20 inch.

the 22 inch rims require 285-35-22 tires.

Haven't looked into tires for the 20 inch rims yet, but I am sure there will be plenty of options and a much smoother ride.

But I don't want to buy the 20 inch rims and wish I had gone a little bit bigger.

Thoughts? Hopefully I'll make up my mind today or tomorrow and post pics by this weekend.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
22's IMO are too big and because of the small sidewall on the tires your ride quality will suffer. Go with 20's and maybe 305/50/20 rubber.

Just my $.02 :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the responce. These are the tires that I would need to put on my D. They would look sweet, but I'm not sure if I can afford to lose that much comfort just for the look.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26221&highlight=285+durango

How does towing effect a low profile tire? I normally only tow a jetski, but I am still curious.

And does anyone know if a 285-40-22 or a 285-45-22 would fit these rims and fit the D without rubbing?

I haven't found anyone who installed these rims yet.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If that's all you tow you should be fine. If you do rub simply trim out the innerpart of the fender well. It's only plastic and you'll then have the clearance you need.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am running 305/45/R22 on my SRT 10 rims

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Daniel, do you have any pics? I would love to see some. Plus, I assume you have much more space on your 2500 than the Durango has. The Rams seem to sit higher than the D. But I appreciate the feedback.

So maybe I should go with the 22's and try to fit either the 285-40 or 285-45 and do a little trimming.

My good friend owns a GoodYear dealership so I should be able to play around with a couple of things. He can get the SRT-10 in 22 inch for $285 a piece plus $25 for shipping. He will also rotate and balanced the setup for free. Can't really beat that. I asked him for a price on the 20's today. I should hear back tommorow.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Here ya go man, these were taken the day after I got the truck and I was in a hurry, sorry for the bad images.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
You may want to think about the cost to replace the tires, especially if you do a lot of driving. 22's cost more than 20's. The lower the profile on the tire, the softer the compound, which means faster tread wear. I have the 20" SRT-10 rims on my "D". I chose Goodyear LS 275/55R20 tires. Looks awesome with the rims. Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Marz, do you have have any pics? I'd love to see some srt 20's on the D. The could definetly help with my decision.

Daniel, Thanks. Truck looks sweet.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yes I'd like to see the SRT-10 rims on a Durango rather than an Ram. Please post pics!

·
Investigator
992 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
jpbb03 said:
Marz, do you have have any pics? I'd love to see some srt 20's on the D. The could definetly help with my decision.

Daniel, Thanks. Truck looks sweet.
Guys,

I'll post some pic's as soon as I can get my digital camera working properly!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.