DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AEM brute force comes with the throttle body spacer but with all this discussion about how they dont work should i install it anyway, or are there any negatives to performance by me doing this???

also do you know the difference between the chrome model and clearcoated model??

THanks

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Don't think I've heard of any negatives, just that folk's timeslips show no improvement (and common mechanic'in sense tells you it can't add).

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
its free id do it. its not gonna hurt. it just wont help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Aem Brute Force

If your CAI came with the spacer , you should use it. Aem only sends them with the ones that need it. Check out the web site RPMOUTLET.COM and read about them. You will like this intake , just as soon as you get use to the different sound the engine will make after the install.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I don't think a spacer works at WOT, that's why they show no improvement at the track or on the dyno. I saw a PowerAid infamercial one time and the spacer shows a power improvement at part throttle postions only. The PowerAid sales guy stated that it only works up to about 1/2 throttle, something about the TB blade position and the spacer spirals. So according to him, you'll have more part throttle power for towing, climbing hills or long freeway inclines. Don't know if I believe it or not but that's what the guy was saying. It was a video clip at some trade show, SEMA or something like that.
Jim

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
id image the new sound is good iver heard other intakes and they sound mean as hell this one doesnt sound bad does it?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I think it sounds bad at low rpms going up hills

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
I have it and like it and it sounds real good too!! I put the spacer on.

BB

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ram4Pick said:
.....The PowerAid sales guy stated that ......
I don't know about you....but a red flag went up when I read that.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
The throttel body spacer has ZERO function mounted to a MULTI PORT fuel injected engine. It does absolutly NOTHING but hinder air flow. The reason they say it does not make power at WOT is because it is PROVEN to cost you power on a DYNO...so the can argue that its not ment to make WOT power.... Thats crap. DO NOT INSTALL THAT SPACER if you want to make any real power from your engine. I have watched them cost power on the dyno and I have been following just about EVERY tread to come across the forums... and only a very small handfull of people claim to feel the power while the LARGER majority say they did not gain anything or even lost power.

On a Carb equipped engine they do offer tuning abilitys... and even on throttle body injected engines... but not on a MULTI PORT set up. Your intake is DRY there is no fuel in your intake at all... The pourpose of the spacer is to help atomize the fuel and air for better combustion... but if your intake is DRY and there is NO air and fuel to mix then how is this doing ANYTHING? Your fuel in introduced at the end of the runner just before the intake valve...

The spacer is worthess and not worth the time it takes to pop your hood.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
If your running N2O, its a good place to rig your N2O and Fuel jets... Otherwise, Its worthless.

:)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the rplys so pretty much its a NO do not install it....thanks again!!!!

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
enhanced250 said:
Thanks for all the rplys so pretty much its a NO do not install it....thanks again!!!!
It is made so that it fits right with the spacer so i would install it if not you will have trouble making it fit. I already tried this and i couldnt make it fit so i went ahead and put the spacer on and it wont hurt the performance... im sure it gives you a little gain even if it is .01 hp. lol. Just my .02

BB

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
back to square one haha it took liek3 weeks to deciede on this intake system

1.location of it
2.came with free spacer(doesnt seem to matter anymore)
3.it is a mopar part (easier with warranty)
4. heat sheild sepreates it from the engine bay

are those good reasons??

if not i might just go with good old k&N FPIK

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Sure thing man... Again, No major factoring of performance gains cause they are all gonna be close...

Have you talked to Nick @ Air_Ram?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no but i was curious if the power wire could be used on any intake system because i think that is a very good idea

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
The Powerwire doesnt depend on your intake... It is a custom resistor / wire that tricks your IAT to think it's 10 degrees cooler than it is, creating a slightly Richer mixture @ WOT.... = Horsepower

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have one and air ram is partially right. SOME TB spacers do hinder flow. The ones with the fins cut into them. You should install the spacer. It is perfectly smooth and is the same diameter as the TB. There is absolutely 0 restriction. Put it on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.