DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we're on the subject I waxed my truck 2 years ago and now i have permanent water spots, What do I do? I've searched and found nothing.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its on everything glass chrome plastic
it sucks
ill never do that again

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
clay should do it

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
lol.....yeah what NK said. I think the truck is supposed to be completely dry before waxing. But as others have said claybar....or maybe take it to a professional and let them buff it out and wax it for you! ;)

·
Enjoyin the Ram
358 Posts
for the paint do what has been said. It will need either the clay bar or, buff it out. For the plastic I am not sure, and for the glass try glass cleaners. Hopefully those spots come out for you.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
3M White Glaze Polish. It'll remove the water spots and the small scratches in the paint. Second, you can go over the truck with the clay bar to remove any residue left by the glazing polish. Then you can put what ever type of protection you want without worrying about trapping stuff under the protection layer.

:wax:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didnt wax the plastic and glass
I guess it just got on there from washing it
I've been looking at the clay bars but wasnt sure
thanks guys

·
Registered
20 Posts
dawn dish soap should do the trick. it dissolves the old layers of wax.

:metoo:

Wash it using Dawn dish soap, which removes the wax. Then you need to wax it again since there isn't any wax on your truck.

What wax do you use? The corvette people (when I had a vette) used Zanio which was a 3 step (3 product) process.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cool

·
The Tumbler
672 Posts
X3 on the Dawn Dish soap. Takes all the old wax off, then you'll have to start fresh...

·
1,965 Posts
On the glass to get the hard water spots off you can use steel wool. DO NOT use it on the mirrors. It may also work on the chrome grill but I would try a spot your not worried about if you want to I don't have a chrome grill shell. Then the rest like everyone said clay bar and dishwashing soap.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
steel wool WHAT?

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
steel wool is very fine steel that is wound into a ball......

use it on the glass - DO NOT use it on the grill. The grills are plastic, not real chrome, steel wool will really mess up the grill

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.