DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, the durango has been a huge money pit and its pissing me off. First, the battery died, so i replaced it, only to find out it was the alternator, so i went to Autozone and replace that. After driving it around for a few minutes, i noticed it still wasnt holding charge in the battery. It was then that a CEL came on. So i take it to Autozone and have them pull the codes, and it turned out to be 4-5 transmission sensors.

I said screw it and took it to the stealership. After a few days, they tell me that my alternator and transmission are fine, but for whatever reason, my PCM was fried. So $700 later, the new PCM is in, and its running perfectly....WRONG. It ran perfectly for about an hour, then right back to the same symptoms. The stealership said it fried another PCM and that the alternator that i put on is going to keep frying them. So they said the only way they will warranty the new PCMs is if i pay them $350 to put on a new alternator :VHOT:

Oh well, needed to vent, getting pissed

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
that's crazy. I feel your pain. They should warranty that PCM either way. Always try'n to screw the little guy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
durango owner

what reason did the stealership give that the alt from autozone
would keep frying pcms?
correct me if im wrong but doesnt the pcm regulate the voltage
most mopar alt. nowadays arent internally or exterally regulated
its computer controlled
by the way i manage an autozone and if the managers anything like me
he would be glad to swap the alt. if it was defective and should help
you all he/she can
i own a durango my concern is the tranny failures ive heard about
good luck :rck:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes they said it does control the voltage to the alternator, but for some reason, the autozone alt was sending shit back to the PCM and it fried it. I am just gonna pay the $350 and try to see if autozone will give me back my $150 that i paid for the alternator

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
The alternator had a core charge? I bet they still have your old one so you should be able to get it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.