DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting the line-x done on my ram 2500. anything i need to know or watch out for? Going to do over the rails..

I will ask him if he has any stencils (RAM/HEMI).

Price seems VERY HIGH $599... but this is NY.

Kevin

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nothing to really watch out for. Have had mine for a year and love it, it is also over the rails, I got black, still looks good and very durable. I paid $475.00

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
599 is definitely high. I have see prices for OTR between 350 - 500, but 600 is too steep in my book. Just make sure they take out all the tie downs and plugs before they spray...and check for dings on your truck before and then after it's done. I got a very slight ding on the top of the tailgate, but I can't say for 100% sure it was from them putting the liner in, but I think it is.

Have you tried getting prices from other places? It's never too late to cancel until they actually spray it. I bet you can get a lower price if you shop around and maybe aren't afraid to drive a little.

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
prourl said:
mines 8' bed so maybe thats a lil extra.
Ahh, yes, that probably would make a difference because just to add over the rails, some people pay an extra $100...and that's not much more material to spray, so an extra 1-2 feet would make a difference.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The truck has a bedliner in it now.. should I take this out or let them do it. It should be fine under there as i just picked up truck last friday new... I figured since I am paying so much they should do the work heh..

Shoudl I put the bedliner back in over the line-x as I would have no use for it after

kevin

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
prourl said:
The truck has a bedliner in it now.. should I take this out or let them do it. It should be fine under there as i just picked up truck last friday new... I figured since I am paying so much they should do the work heh..

Shoudl I put the bedliner back in over the line-x as I would have no use for it after

kevin
Since it's new, you could possibly sell it. It's not really work to pop out the liner and then unscrew it from the tailgate. But be sure to take it out before you go there or they will scrap it/sell it. For extra protection you could always put it back in, but why do this and hide your $600 liner? I say keep it and try to sell it.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
prourl said:

kevin
I would take it out for the people and hose out the bed just to be nice...it's how you feel about it really.

Also, I would not put the plastic bedliner over the LineX bedliner...it is made to stand on its own against the elements.

It also looks better than the plastic insert liner too! :gr_patrio

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I paid $360 for mine. Post some pics when you get it!!!!

·
KTM Rider
163 Posts
Duuuude, don't let them hose you for 600 bills. I paid $379 plus tax for the bed and tailgate, and the 2 side rails was going to be another fitty, which would bring the price to around $460.

Shop around a little more or beat them up a little, but DO get the Line-X.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Take the liner out yourself. If you DO let them take it out, then think of how much fun you're gonna have driving the old liner home tied down in the bed of your truck.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Make sure you tell them to spray the acces door to the tailgate handle while it is off of the truck and then put it back on. If they spray it without taking it off first it's a pain in the ass to take it off in the future, if you need to.

·
ABRam
102 Posts
price

I paid $500 canadian for my short box to get sprayed. That was at the actually Line-X place here in town. Just letting you know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.