DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally, I've been taking my RT to where I purchased it which is about 100 miles away. The local dealer people are, well, worthless. My question is, the manual recommends certain service be done at certain mileage/times. Are we required to have this done at a dealer? Does the dealer document us in their "data banks" when we have oil changes etc done? I've got a great mechanic that's near me and has been doing a great job for many years and is someone that I trust.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just make sure that I fill out the section in the book with pertinant data and keep the reciept right next to it.

Mike

·
Registered
367 Posts
Make sure the receipt has the vehicles miles on it for that service. This is what I do with my Harley. I keep receipts for oil and filters that I buy and install and mark them with date and miles on the bike. I do the same when I go to my favorite mechanic for repairs not covered by warranty. Good rule of thumb...document, document, document anything and everything you do.

Yeah I know I should follow my own advise....:)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Does the stealership require you to "bend over" for the "factory service"

·
Registered
367 Posts
Some do, some don't. Some of the ones that do even give some KY to soften the blow. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
According to the manual it does not say you MUST go to the dealer. Just make sure that you have receipts with the mileage at the time of service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.