DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks for taking a look at my new rig. I am super-sizing from an Infiniti M45 (hard to fit 3 booster seats in the back seat - but mind you not impossible)....

I picked up an 07 Durango Hemi Limited with navigation and rear entertainment (RES). I am already planning a few upgrades to the truck and plan to keep this thread updated as I do so.

Planned upgrades - in order::
Swap out the shocks for Bilsteins (24-139113, 24-139106)
Cat-back exhaust
Stainless Bull Bar
New wheels / tires (thinking 20-22)
iPod adapter (don't need satellite)

Upgraded::
Billet grill (4 piece bolt on)
HID conversion for both headlights and fogs
Cold air intake
Chrome door handles

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Nice to have a few more generation 2.5 around. It will tote the little ones around safetly.

How many miles? One thing you left out was shocks. The factory ones are terrible and even in great shape they are at best less than adequate.. Bilsteens will make you think your backin the 45'

The 22's will be a 3 mpg hit in town and 2.99 highway.

As a far as Cat Back, CAI & Hids all very easily doable and not to bad $$

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Welcome to DT!

:dtrocks:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shocks are terrible eh? Just figured this was how a big ass vehicle drove. I will look into that. Thanks!

Why such a huge hit to MPG? Not that I am that worried about it - I was getting better MPG in my M.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
57 lbs or rolling mass compared to 80 with the 2's

The factory 20's dont seem to be that bad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh - interesting - I am running with factory 17s now - I wonder how much they weigh... Interesting.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
57 lbs

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments.

Update on upgrades. I bought the billet grill and they shipped the wrong one. I ordered a 4 piece grill and the company I bought from sent a 2 piece. They have shipped the replacement, but I won't have it until Wednesday.

I have ordered HIDs (and the resistor) for headlights and fogs. Bi-xenon - all digital slim.

I will send pics later.

Thinking about picking up the chrome covers for the door handles - is that a good idea or no? I have never done that. Do they make metal/chrome door handles that you actually replace the existing handles with - or is that overkill?

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That's a sharp durango. I'd go with 20s if I were you. 20s are a good compromise between comfort and looks.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Chrome handles

I had the putco stick on on my 2004 and it was flawless and never chipped cracked or came unglued. $60

They also sell the ASPEN chrome trim for the sides thats what is on my old one. $120

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MJB - You tried the stickers before? How do they look? Are the real door handles easy to install? I guess the real question is: Do the stickers look like stickers?

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
I have the stick-ons on my handles. They're solid... not coming loose at all. No chipping, but they do have some slight wear marks from being 7 years old.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks D4L - I will give them a shot then - just don't want it to look cheap.

Curious - all the chrome on your truck, why not put the side mirror chrome things on?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Both the door handles on my 04 and mirrors on the 08 are great quality thick plastic. I do reccomend them. Only is prep the area good and you have only 1 shot cause they stick like crazy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pics to come later - grill and headlight HIDs installed.

Ordered the door handle covers and a ChromeIntakes CAI. Not sure if I will use their filter or go with a K&N. I thought about doing the Black Mamba CAI, but I really liked the chrome tubes that the other kit offered.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
A couple more pics.
Grounding issue caused this::

She's winking..

The resistor is not working on my truck. Not sure what I should do next.

The lights come on no matter what setting the knob is on - and the headlights stay on for ~15 seconds after I shut off the engine.

Will try to lower them today..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.