DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so as many of yall know I did a stage 3 vb(so called neck breaker mod) 2 or so weeks ago. And yea....no hard shifts. Everybody then said "oh you need a resistor, thats a mod your spouse will really hate you for". Well since the stage 3 vb didnt give me what I wanted I got a 2.2 ohm resistor. I just put it in and NOTHING. I really do think my truck w/ superchips only shifted harder than the stage 3 vb, 2.2 ohm resistor & the programmer. Am I just young and have a whole different perspective on what hard shifts should be?!?!?!????!!! After all this time & money spent here recently I'm a little irrate to say the least. Is my truck just rejecting all these mods?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I was under the impression that you didn't need a resistor if you have a programmer. Have you tried increasing your shift points. Seems like the truck would be able to handle it now since it should have quicker shifts

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was under the impression that you didn't need a resistor if you have a programmer. Have you tried increasing your shift points. Seems like the truck would be able to handle it now since it should have quicker shifts
My shift points have been maxed out for 3 or 4 years now lol

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
My shift points have been maxed out for 3 or 4 years now lol
I think its probably working just fine then, your just too needy:D

Im sure you have, but if you haven't I would do a complete reset of the computer and maybe even re-do the sc program in the truck and then drive it around to see if that helps.

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it so much to ask for a harder shift??? lol Everybody else gets the harder shifts. I dont really see myself as being needy for wanting a harder shift. Trust me I have driven & rode in automatic trucks that were harder shifts. I mean my 7000lb 99 model chevy 3500 work truck w/ a utility bed w/ 204,000 miles on it shifts harder then my play truck. Heck my gf's 2004 pontiac grand am shifts better than my truck. I'm just a little aggravated b/c after all the hours searching on here the last month, after all the time I have spent working on the truck this past month & after almost $400 of my hard earned money down the drain & the truck shifts stock.

·
Fastest stockblock 4x4 NA
2,695 Posts
maybe you should find a stock truck and ride in it to see if it shifts any different.

whoever said there neck breaking shifts is kinda being dramatic, but i like mine.

Not sure what you next move should be, i would think as long as it shift quicker which it does your track times will improve.

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The shifts are a LITTLE quicker but not $400 quicker. I have seen countless post on here that people are praising the harder shifts.

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you think Joel? I see you lurking

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I think that some people might have over hyped it

·
Kfed
1,401 Posts
Sucks to hear you still dont like your vb. I have a stage 2 in my monte carlo and it has the neck breaking you are talking about.

I think im just gonna leave my trucks tranny alone and see what the sct will do when i get it from joel

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
I think you are just expecting more than it puts out because of the way some guys hyped it up. Mine had the extreme hard shifts when we first put it in, but after that it was a very fast 1-2 shift and then a harder 2-3 shift. A hard shift isnt what gives you better performance, it is a faster shift. If the truck is doing that, then it is doing exactly what it was supposed to do. Then again, most everyone I know that has tried the 2.2k resistor has felt gains as well...even with a stock tranny and stock programming.

Maybe your butt dyno needs an adjustment...haha...j/k Gary :D

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
Contact sam and see what he did. I remember his video it was shifting fast and hard.

·
1,965 Posts
Go read some of the post on your other mods like stall, headers or the superchip. Some people say they can't tell anything from the superchip and others act like they installed a stroker with a turbo. Everyone's butt dyno is different and some just flat out exaggerate. If it shifts faster just be happy with it, ya it may not have been worth 400 to you but you already have it so might as well just enjoy it for what it is.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Gary this sucks man I'm sorry to hear about these problems your having. Sometimes this modding were doing can be hit and miss, Try not to let it bring you down to much.

You probably don't want to hear this right now, I just have to say it though. The advice you get is always going to be speculative at best. If you take advice from people just try and minimize the amount of people whom you get the advice from and always use your own best judgment. That seems to be the best. Also talk to the fastest guys as they have usually tried just about everything.

Again sorry to hear that the VB didn't work out. Lonnie

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Go read some of the post on your other mods like stall, headers or the superchip. Some people say they can't tell anything from the superchip and others act like they installed a stroker with a turbo. Everyone's butt dyno is different and some just flat out exaggerate. If it shifts faster just be happy with it, ya it may not have been worth 400 to you but you already have it so might as well just enjoy it for what it is.
Now there is some solid advice......

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I would change your filters in your tranny and maybe add new fluid.
If you didnt when you did the valvebody.

·
12.40 @ 105.92
3,810 Posts
Agreed with Catsltd. I changed both filters in mine, along with new fluid. Then a quicklearn on the lift and it worked fine for me. Mine too was banging for a while until the com. got used to it. It no longer slams through the gear as before but shifts are still fast and true. BTW, I've never had the resistor on my tranny (for what its worth), I know a lot of us have but I never did that. Best of luck bro.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
I thought you couldn't run sc along with a shift kit? also can someone lead me in the right dorection to where to put this "resistor" in? Maybe a link?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.