DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the 3.92 gear be on the back and the 3.55 on the front or is it vice versa? (Right now everything is all stock exept for my mopar hitch)

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
Since you have a 4x2, you would only have a ring/pinion in the rear axle. If you had a 4x4, then you would have a set in the front and rear, and they would have to be the same ratio or you would destroy something in your drivetrain immediately ...

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a little confused because the window sticker lists both 3.55 and 3.92 so would that mean both would be 3.92 if both have to be the same or 3.55?

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
Maybe they list the 3.55s as standard, and the 3.92s were an option? Got a pic of the window sticker?

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Dont have my camera but i Can at least type what it says.

4-Speed Automatic Transmission $1,095
__3.55 Axle Ratio
3.92 Axle Ratio $50
ANti-spin Differential Rear Axle $325

Rough copy of that section of the window sticker.

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
I think they are saying that the 3.55s are standard, and that you were charged $50.00 extra for the 3.92s and $325.00 extra for the Anti-spin option, but someone else with an 08 would have to chime in. My 04 sticker only lists the Anti-spin as an option - no mention of a gear ratio anywhere on the sticker (mine came with 3.55s).

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know I have the Anti slip and I love that feature when I feel it in action but the axle ratio gears is really confusing me. Thanks for all the help Ggravant. Hopefully I will figure it out soon.

·
Quadder
433 Posts
Figured out:

You have 3:92 gears in the back and nothing (4x2) in the front.

3:92's are way better than 3:55's congrats.

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Figured out:

You have 3:92 gears in the back and nothing (4x2) in the front.

3:92's are way better than 3:55's congrats.
Sweet thanks man. That is really good news I am excited now I can upgrade my gears if I wish to later. I will continue getting money for the bed cover.

WOOT :rck:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.