DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been thinking about gears a lot lately. I would love to improve my gas mileage, so that is really the only reason I would be getting them, as I don't race or anything. But, I don't drive 60-70 on the highway. I stay at around 80-90 if I am on a trip. Nick, I know you and I have talked about this in the past, but I didn't mention my speed. I saw on a previous thread where people say their gas mileage improves, but they were only doing like 60-70 mph. If I did change gears, would my gas mileage improve even going at these speeds? If so, should I go to 4:56 or 4:10? I don't care about performance, this would only be as a fuel saver. (Yes, I know I bought a truck, not a Honda, I didn't want a car, I use this as a truck. I didn't buy it for gas mileage, I would just like to get what I can out of it, so I don't want to hear the remarks like "you bought a 5000lb truck, not a car", or, "its not supposed to get good gas mileage", etc, etc....) It's a V6, 5spd. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nick. I do about 80/20 city/highway. I have 265/70 17 tires. I would like to get a little bit bigger, but not sure when, or how big, def. no larger than 35's though, but it could only be to 33's. In the city, I TRY to do the speed limit. I have gotten a lot better. The road I travel are usually about 45-55 mph in the city. Also, what is a good install price for gears, and would I need the install kit? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
....oh, and why don't you have pics of your truck in the gallery? I want to see what that ride looks like man :D ...or is it, so when you come up to someone, they won't be expecting you? lol :rck:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.