DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 4.56 gears put in for the 6th time, been having problems with whineing. I think he got it right this time though. He said he filled it with a little extra fluid cause it would help. He told me that I should look into a new diff cover because they hold more oil and have dipstick, drainhold, fillhole, etc....

1. Is this true, do I NEED a new diff cover?
2. What kind of diff covers are good?
3. Where is a good place to buy them for a good price, I don't even know how much they run?

He told me they also have something around the edge so you don't have to seal it up all the time, don't know if thats true.

Thanks guys! :rck:

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
I hope you didn't have to pay 6 times. It's all in the installer. You're the only one with obvious gear whine in DT that i know of. Which tells me that it's not the differential covers fault. Good luck man.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow - 6 times??? I'd seriously question this guys ability to be working on my truck!! I realize that sometimes things don't go right and you have to go at it a 2nd time - - but 6 times? Before you take his advise on a diff cover, go talk to someone else. Adding more fluid to hide the noise is telling me he just don't know his stuff.

·
Banned
524 Posts
wow, surprised these mods haven't killed that link because it goes to DTW....like they did mine....bunch of pansies...:booty:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.