DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 dodge ram 1500, 46re transmission. Had a leak at shift shaft seal and replaced from the outside with seal removal tool. Got everything back on and now have only park and drive. Reverse and Neutral are in drive. No issues with this before fixing the seal. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lever at the transmission is moving through the gears but no reverse or neutral. Where reverse should be, the truck wants to go forward. The same thing when I shift to neutral.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Here is pic of the rooster comb It is in "1 first" now. If the shifter doesn't align with the indents in the rooster comb you may have issues. Put the trans in 1 then adjust the linkage/shifter to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found out what the problem was. Removed valve body and manual lever was either disengaged for broke. Bought rebuilt valve body. How do I know if parking pawl rod is engaged?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
How do I know if parking pawl rod is engaged?
IIRC, will feel it snap/pop into place, but myself have not installed one; could find a vid. (kinda don't know how it's possible to miss, but be aware so park rod enters the correct hole in housing/casting, have heard of a fella that made that mistake)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is currently in the transmission with the valve body off. If it won't pull out easily, does that mean it it is in the sprag.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
If it won't pull out easily, does that mean it it is in the sprag.
Yes, would think your ok if it will not pull out easily (sounds like you have to fiddle/fumble with the clip for reassembly; be sure that little rascal doesn't spring/jump out and get lost).

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
manual lever was either disengaged for broke.
Manual lever? Is there an issue with the park rod? If not just look for the mark where the old one set to(set screw mark i believe) and adjust it like the old one. The park rod needs to pull forward to engage the park brake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.