Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guy's:
Does anyone know the difference between the gaylord X2000 and the Traditional tonneau cover? I'm going to be getting one in the next couple of weeks. And does anyone know where I can get it for a reasonable price(perferably free :) ).

·
Registered
505 Posts
The difference between the 2 is that the X2000 is a clamp on lid.you do not have to drill holes to install it,on the traditional they drill like 8 screws to mount it.the X2000 also comes with carpeted underside and a light.as for getting it free,I cant help you on that :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
Check out DTW, they're doing a group buy...
shhhhh...... DTW doesn't allow group buys. ;)

If you're serious about one PM me or check out the The DTW Thread

This will be for the new and improved lid. Not the one that is already out.

The X2000 will come standard with factory paint, carpet interior, interior dome light and keyless entry. The single lock will be mounted along the top of the lid in the rear. The latching system will be rotary style similar to you truck door. The only option will be the speedsturr wing.

·
Registered
505 Posts
so how much does one of those cost?

·
Under Construction
1,013 Posts
I picked up my speedstur for 1100 installed and carpeted. I didnt get the X2000 due to the extra 400 dollars they wanted. Mine doenst have the scissor lift shock set-up but it does have a clamp on kit that doesnt need to have any holes drilled. I apparently have the old lid because I have a lock on either side and the paint also matched perfect. I bought a led strip off of ebay and mounted it with a alarm switch under the lid so when the lid lifts up the light kicks on and has way more light than the optional light does. I work at night so I needed enough to see the tools.

Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.